Zeiss dialyt 18-45x65

Dbevans

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have experience with this? I can pick a used one up for $575. Is that a good deal? Cant find too many reviews

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At that price I would buy it. I do not own one but checked one out that was for sale. I took along my Leupold gold ring 12-40 to compare it. Honestly the Leupy was just as good. The one I was looking at the guy wanted $1400 so it was a pass for me. This scope is built tough and designed to be used and easy to carry. It is not top shelf optically, although still very good.

Air Bear

FNG
Dbevans, did you end up purchasing the Dialyt? I also have a lead on one for a good price, but am unsure if they are really what I am after. If you did purchase I wonder how you find them, specifically the light gathering of the 65mm objective. Thanks

Optically the center is sharp but slightly fuzzy around the edges. They are meant to be a backpack scope used for quick scans without a tripod although they have a mount for a tripod. Very solid build and rubber armor. You could probably pound a tent peg with one. Glass is japanese on these ,I found that online when I researched. Kind of heavy as well.

Air Bear

FNG
Thats good feedback. Somehow I am not excited about this scope, but at the price I am seeing it for I need to consider it. Thanks again