Zeiss Conquest V6 Parallax

Anyone else find that the parallax knob on their Conquest V6 doesn’t completely remove parallax? I can still move my head side to side when the knob is all the way to infinity and get a little reticle movement. My Leupold’s completely correct parallax when I check.

The Zeiss tracks nicely, the glass is superb and I shoot well with it.

Is this not uncommon with some scopes? I have 2 Zeiss Conquest V6s and they both do this.

Funny I just send my V6 in 2 days ago for the same issue!!!! The parallax adjustment does nothing!!!! Otherwise the scope is dead on out to 400 yards and returns to zero with no issues. The 2 V4's we have adjust perfectly???????

OP
General RE LEE
Funny I just send my V6 in 2 days ago for the same issue!!!! The parallax adjustment does nothing!!!! Otherwise the scope is dead on out to 400 yards and returns to zero with no issues. The 2 V4's we have adjust perfectly???????

It reduces the amount of movement on mine but I can’t eliminate it.

Is it going to end up going back to Germany?

OP
General RE LEE

Does yours not focus the target?

DaleW

WKR
My v4 4-16 does the exact same thing. I can never get it fully focused no matter the range. Even when I crank the parallax back and forth it doesn't even look like the image changes much. Seems like this is a common problem with these scopes.

It might be getting a trip back to zeiss.

No matter how I turn it it doesn't come completely into focus. It was really noticeable when looking at long range, always seems just a bit out.

You send it to the warranty center in Hebron, KY which is right by the Cincinnati airport. I sent a V4 in that would not correct windage. Had a new scope sent to me within about a week!

Good thing it's not hunting season. Hope they can fix.

I'll update as soon as I hear something. Just got the notice yesterday that they received the scope.

KenLee

WKR
My v4 4-16 does the exact same thing. I can never get it fully focused no matter the range. Even when I crank the parallax back and forth it doesn't even look like the image changes much. Seems like this is a common problem with these scopes.

It might be getting a trip back to zeiss.
Yep that's why I bought the V4 in 3-12x56.
No parallax adj, so I don't worry about it. Just send it!

OP
General RE LEE
No matter how I turn it it doesn't come completely into focus. It was really noticeable when looking at long range, always seems just a bit out.

You send it to the warranty center in Hebron, KY which is right by the Cincinnati airport. I sent a V4 in that would not correct windage. Had a new scope sent to me within about a week!

Good thing it's not hunting season. Hope they can fix.

I'll update as soon as I hear something. Just got the notice yesterday that they received the scope.

I took time behind mine this afternoon. I compared it to my VX5HD. I think both scopes struggle a bit to really sharpen the image at high magnification. I believe variable power scopes at this price point are not going to have the same sharpness at 15-18x as they do at 3-4x. I can get my parallax mostly adjusted out but I have to put it on infinity starting at about 500 yards.

OP
General RE LEE
A quick follow up. I went into a deep dive over on the Hide about proper focusing of the reticle. I put my parallax on infinity and set magnification to 18x. I took my time looking at and looking away from the reticle against a blank wall. It turns out my reticle was slightly out of focus. I tested the scope by viewing distant objects and turns out there isn’t a problem with the parallax or focus. My eye piece needed a slight adjustment.