Zeiss Conquest V4 3-12x56 Turrets

laker220

FNG
I purchased a Zeiss V4 Conquest 3-12x56 scope with capped turrets. Zeiss currently has a promotion on to get a custom turret for free with the purchase of a scope.

Question is can I order the exposed MOA turret and convert the capped turret to an open/exposed turret like the 4-16 and higher models or is that not possible?

I don’t believe that is possible. I’ve never heard of anyone converting a capped turret scope to a dialer.

Your best bet is sell it and buy an optic that's meant to dial and has a reputation for tracking true and holding up to abuse.
Trijicon Credo or Tenmile is where I'd start. Check out the killer sale at eurooptic.com

morgaj1

WKR
Your best bet is sell it and buy an optic that's meant to dial and has a reputation for tracking true and holding up to abuse.
Trijicon Credo or Tenmile is where I'd start. Check out the killer sale at eurooptic.com
Why do you imply that Zeiss Conquest V4 doesn't have a reputation for tracking true and holding up to abuse. I have both Conquests and Trijicons. All have held up to any abuse I've thrown at them.

Sako300

WKR
Why do you imply that Zeiss Conquest V4 doesn't have a reputation for tracking true and holding up to abuse. I have both Conquests and Trijicons. All have held up to any abuse I've thrown at them.
There are a bunch of people who have drank the Trijicon kool aid lately. If it isn’t Trijicon or Nightforce, they will bash other brands. I personally have had nothing but great experience with turrets and tracking on all 4 of my Zeiss V4s on 300 rums and win mags.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator

There are a bunch of people who have drank the Trijicon kool aid lately. If it isn’t Trijicon or Nightforce, they will bash other brands. I personally have had nothing but great experience with turrets and tracking on all 4 of my Zeiss V4s on 300 rums and win mags.

Could you both please post a picture of your V4’s as they are today?

morgaj1

WKR
What would that accomplish? They look the same as you’d expect, a few scuffs here and there. Same as all my scopes of various brands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
What does that prove? They look the same as you’d expect, a few scuffs here and there. Same as all my scopes of various brands.

It doesn’t “prove” anything necessarily. However, it’s probably a good chance that your version of “abuse” isn’t quite a few peoples version of “Tuesday before 9am” use.

This isn’t me being a jerk- this is me saying I have seen several dozen and not one would hold zero from very minor impacts, nor has one made it through a single week long mountain hunt and still remained zero at the end.

morgaj1

WKR
It doesn’t “prove” anything necessarily. However, it’s probably a good chance that your version of “abuse” isn’t quite a few peoples version of “Tuesday before 9am” use.

This isn’t me being a jerk- this is me saying I have seen several dozen and not one would hold zero from very minor impacts, nor has one made it through a single week long mountain hunt and still remained zero at the end.

You have far more experience and expertise than I do and I find your tests helpful. But, in my experience, I’ve had scopes fail from direct hits that hardly left a mark. Then, I have others that are full of scrapes and scuffs that track perfectly.

Sako300

WKR
Could you both please post a picture of your V4’s as they are today?
I would be more concerned with the crown of my rifle barrel being damaged from the drop tests you do. And yes I do use a neoprene cover over my scopes to keep debris out and perhaps it helps absorb some of my falls.
Formidilous, you need a blinking Nightforce or Trijicon Ad that comes on next to your name when you comment on scopes.
We all get your scope test, but that doesn’t mean you are the true GOD of scopes and there are no other brands besides the handful you promote!

TML75

Lil-Rokslider
We all get your scope test, but that doesn’t mean you are the true GOD of scopes and there are no other brands besides the handful you promote!
If you think he’s doing it just to promote brands, then you don’t get the tests.

Sako300

WKR
If you think he’s doing it just to promote brands, then you don’t get the tests.
It’s more then just his tests. He says, he can’t even go on a hunt with a ZEISS scope and have it return to zero. He bashes, Leupold, Zeiss, Vortex, etcccccc. All this guy was asking, was if he could put a turret on his non-turreted scope.

Cuz I've had a V4 and V6 fail to track, and I mean miserably fail.
They aren't built well internally and many will fail over time, roll the dice if you wish but I'm done with them.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Formidilous, you need a blinking Nightforce or Trijicon Ad that comes on next to your name when you comment on scopes.

This-
There are a bunch of people who have drank the Trijicon kool aid lately. If it isn’t Trijicon or Nightforce, they will bash other brands.

Is what I responded too. I can not help that the scopes you like fail. I asked for the picture because I was pretty sure your scope is pristine, and if it is pristine then it hasn’t been “used”. I’m happy to show a picture of any scope or rifle you ask for. My equipment and those I hunt with’s equipment is used, and therefore looks used. When someone wants to argue about scopes, it’s almost a guarantee that they haven’t really “used” the item, because if they did they would see the flaws.
I do not promote any scope. Please feel free to quote me selling, or trying convince someone to buy any scope. I have and do state what consistently works. It is a matter of volume and time in that it is likely that in some two week spans I have seen more rounds fired than everyone on this board combined will in a year.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
It’s more then just his tests. He says, he can’t even go on a hunt with a ZEISS scope and have it return to zero. He bashes, Leupold, Zeiss, Vortex, etcccccc. All this guy was asking, was if he could put a turret on his non-turreted scope.

I’m not arguing or trying to be rude; I am plainly stating that what most would term a large experience base, has shown- Zeiss V4’s and V6’s tend to have zero shifts from relatively small or light impacts (especially parallax side), tend to have issues in RTZ and adjusting consistently and correctly: in general, they are mechanically compromised. I have seen between 30 and 40 Zeiss V4 and V6’s (that I can recall) and all of them had to be zeroed multiple times within a few hundred rounds.
If you believe what I write is promotion and not reality; I will make a deal- contact Ryan Avery, he’ll set up a range, I’ll supply 400 rounds of ammo, and we’ll shoot and test your V4. If it holds zero and works correctly I will cover expenses for you, including a new V4. It fails, then the cost is on you and you come back and say that it did exactly what I said it would?

Last edited:
He doesn't "bash" those brands, he simply states what he has seen work and not work. Although I think those brands NEED to be bashed as they refuse to make a durable scope that does what a scope is actually supposed to do. So...you willing to put your money where your mouth is and actually test your Zeiss?

I would be more concerned with the crown of my rifle barrel being damaged from the drop tests you do. And yes I do use a neoprene cover over my scopes to keep debris out and perhaps it helps absorb some of my falls.
Don't get the vitriol, he's just trying to save guys money and time and not have their hunt ruined by inferior gear. I appreciate his efforts.

Sako300

WKR
I’m not arguing or trying to be rude; I am plainly stating that what most would term a large experience base, has shown- Zeiss V4’s and V6’s tend to have zero shifts from relatively small or light impacts (especially parallax side), tend to have issues in RTZ and adjusting consistently and correctly: in general, they are mechanically compromised. I have seen between 30 and 40 Zeiss V4 and V6’s (that I can recall) and all of them had to be zeroed multiple times within a few hundred rounds.
If you believe what I write is promotion and not reality; I will make a deal- contact Ryan Avery, he’ll set up a range, I’ll supply 400 rounds of ammo, and we’ll shoot and test your V4. If it holds zero and works correctly I will cover expenses for you, including a new V4. It fails, then the cost is on you and you come back and say that it did exactly what I said it would?

Sako300

WKR
Form, why do I need to go thru 400 rounds thru my RUM or other magnums to settle a score with you! When I use my V4s FOR HUNTING (horseback elk, hiking in solo, road hunting on bumpy roads, etc…….my Hunting rifles that wear V4s have never failed me once. Now I don’t drag them on a rocky trail with a rope behind me to punish them, but they have taken their shared falls from horses, vehicles, leaning back n terrain, etc….. I am a HUNTER not a PRC shooter. I probably shoot 60-80 rounds a year with my dedicated turret scope and rifle I will use. Practicing from 100-1200 yards annually. For me, the V4 scope is all I need and has proven BY THE STYLE I HUNT, to be repeatable and accurate with my handlings of my rifles and scopes at the range and in the backcountry. How about you and I schedule a once in a lifetime hunt. You take whatever weapon and scope you want. I will take my V4 on my hunting rifle. For one week we can tally a score of the longest animal harvested and how many rounds it took. Not everyone is using scopes the exact way you are!!!!!! I use mine hunting and if I’m banging into things constantly or am accident prone, I bet I am not hunting the smartest. Do I sight my rifles in to a 1000 yards and back to zero before every hunt! You bet! But to downplay Zeiss, Leupold, Vortex, etc like you do with turrets doesn’t mean those scopes are complete failures. It all depends what that person has the intentions to do with that scope.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Form, why do I need to go thru 400 rounds thru my RUM or other magnums to settle a score with you!

It isn’t “settling a score”. Either the scopes work or they don’t. 400 rounds on a scope to check reliability is about like 4,000 miles on a vehicle to check reliability. In other words it’s nothing.

When I use my V4s FOR HUNTING (horseback elk, hiking in solo, road hunting on bumpy roads, etc…….my Hunting rifles that wear V4s have never failed me once. Now I don’t drag them on a rocky trail with a rope behind me to punish them, but they have taken their shared falls from horses, vehicles, leaning back n terrain, etc….. I am a HUNTER not a PRC shooter. I probably shoot 60-80 rounds a year with my dedicated turret scope and rifle I will use. Practicing from 100-1200 yards annually. For me, the V4 scope is all I need and has proven BY THE STYLE I HUNT, to be repeatable and accurate with my handlings of my rifles and scopes at the range and in the backcountry.

At no point have I said it hadn’t worked for you. I have stated that they lose zero with relatively minor use.

How about you and I schedule a once in a lifetime hunt. You take whatever weapon and scope you want. I will take my V4 on my hunting rifle. For one week we can tally a score of the longest animal harvested and how many rounds it took.

Ok.

Not everyone is using scopes the exact way you are!!!!!! I use mine hunting and if I’m banging into things constantly or am accident prone, I bet I am not hunting the smartest. Do I sight my rifles in to a 1000 yards and back to zero before every hunt! You bet! But to downplay Zeiss, Leupold, Vortex, etc like you do with turrets doesn’t mean those scopes are complete failures. It all depends what that person has the intentions to do with that scope.

The importance of a scope staying zeroed is dependent upon how you hunt? Isn’t staying zeroed the first function of a scope?

As far as Leupold, I did the drop eval on one today that was fine….. of course they don’t make the scope anymore.

Last edited: