WTS Zeiss Classic 10’s

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zeiss Classic 10/40’s. Good shape. Harness included. 350 obo
446d7cbc185dba878ee9e8822ded827b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I smell a rat, same photo from an Ebay seller from Japan. It has been reported.
Pretty sure he just chose a stock photo online for his listing… he also posted these on a local hunting page in AZ. The name on FB is Jared McClain as well it is not a new account. I think you’re jumping to conclusions. Maybe ask the dude for actual pics of the glass or if he takes G&S before jumping to conclusions?

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Pretty sure he just chose a stock photo online for his listing… he also posted these on a local hunting page in AZ. The name on FB is Jared McClain as well it is not a new account. I think you’re jumping to conclusions. Maybe ask the dude for actual pics of the glass or if he takes G&S before jumping to conclusions?
You seem to be correct. A lesson to be learned is for a seller to only post a photo of the actual item they are selling. Using another ads photo is a common method fraudsters use
on many selling sites.
I will call that out, any time I see it.
As always, buyer beware.

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
You seem to be correct. A lesson to be learned is for a seller to only post a photo of the actual item they are selling. Using another ads photo is a common method fraudsters use
on many selling sites.
I will call that out, any time I see it.
As always, buyer beware.

Agreed buyer should always beware. However, scammers don’t typically use stock photos like the above. They steal pics from an actual listing that are of the item they claim to have. His post is no different than saying “will post pics later” and I hope you don’t report those too. Again, the point of my post was you shouldn’t “call people out” without doing anything other than a Google image search. I report scammers all the time and am probably one of the best here at identifying them but only once I know they’re actually a scammer. Lesson learned should be - send the dude a message and ask for pictures if you doubt the legitimacy of his post. Not call him a scammer without cause.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
If you spend any time at all on Ebay, you would know that some fraudsters do
use photos they copied from other auctions. The same thing could be said here.
That is not a stock photo above it is a copy from an Ebay auction.
If the seller is really wanting to sell, he should correct the ad.

The lesson to be learned here for sellers, is only post photos of what you are selling.

Trr15

WKR
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Two observations - 1. I rarely, if ever, see any other listings on this forum where the seller uses “stock” photos. Let alone stock photos without explicitly stating they’re stock photos. 2. The seller has been noticeably silent while all this conversation has been going on in his listing.

brmtn

WKR
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Screenshot_20220219-075344_Lightning.png

Most scammers on here are replying to WTB ads, not posting false ads, although that has happened. Yes this is not a photo of the actual item as the ClassiC would not be marked T* or likely have a case from West Germany. The style of the photo is the same as many Japanese sellers use on ebay. Wouldve been a good idea to disclose that this was not an actual photo. But he's been a member here for nearly two years and has a very high reaction score for his post count, meaning he's not here primarily for the BST section. Not having looked up his history, this may be his first ad since he doesnt have a feedback rating... He may just not know the customs of this section. Most scammers have joined recently and have few or no posts.