Sold Yugo Mauser 7mm Mauser build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Hey all. This build started life as a Yugo 48. I purchased the action, bolt, bottom metal, and trigger a while back. I built it into a .358 Win. I had ER Shaw clean it up, thread one of their barrels on it, turn down the bolt to a sporter configuration. I installed a Sunny Hill bolt shroud and a Bold trigger with safety selector. I had Shaw reblue the action, including the bolt shroud and bolt release lever.
When I got it back I put it all in a Boyds stock and loaded up some ammo. I was having issues with light primer strikes, so I installed a Tubb's Speedlock firing pin and spring, which fixed the issue.

I played with that set up for a few years, but I went with a heavy barrel on the .358 and feeding was so-so as I didn't make any mods to the mag or follower. So, I decided to build it into a bit more of a classic. I am a sucker for 7mm's and Midway was running a sale on the Green Mountain short chambered barrels, so I picked one up in 7mm Mauser.

I spun the barrel on, did the finish reaming myself using a finish reamer and t-handle. Checked the headspace with go and no-go gauges. Had the whole thing cerakoted in tungsten color cerakote by Midwest Cerakote in St. Louis, and put it in a Boyd's classic stock with fleur de lis checkering and a black end cap. I had a Burris Fullfield E-1 scope on it, but recently switched it out for a Sig Whiskey 3-9X40.
It isn't a target gun, but I have managed to get 1.2" groups (5 shots) pretty consistently with only the second load I tried with it which was 44 grains of H4350 under a Hornady 139 grain SST using PPU and Rem brass.

I apologize for the long write up, but I want potential buyers to know the pedigree of this build.

I am asking $500 shipped to your FFL for the whole setup. If you would also like the dies and any brass I have available, please let me know, and we can work out a very reasonable price for them. This is cross posted to other sites.

A post in this thread followed by a PM will seal the deal. For this I will accept discreet Venmo, Postal MO, or check from an established member. No PP.

Attachments

• IMG-2777.jpg
    IMG-2777.jpg
    281.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG-2778.jpg
    IMG-2778.jpg
    282.1 KB · Views: 21
Status
Not open for further replies.