Youth Bows

KMT

WKR
I bought my kid a Parker bow. It "grew" with him, and eventually killed a nice bull with it. Good quality for the price.

Diamond Infinite Edge. Super adjustable in draw weight and draw length. It is so adjustable that they advertise it as the last bow you ever need to buy. I got one for my 13 yo son and he loves it.

Bughalli

WKR
+1 on the Mission bows. Tough to beat the Craze. They can grow into it and you can take it on trips as a backup sine it's so adjustable.

60x

WKR
Yeah it's a new world out there in youth bows. The range in draw length and pounds is endless. I bought my 12yo a mission craze. Lime green camo or something like that and she loves it. More importantly it fits her and grows with her...

Draw length ...19"-30"
Draw weight...15-70
7 1/2" brace
Something like 10'different colors and camo patterns

I got my son a Hoyt Ruckus when he was nine, he'll be 11 next month, and I think he'll still be using this bow for the next three or four years.

bz_711

WKR
I'm looking at PSE's Fever One and Hoyt's Ignite. Thoughts?

We have a PSE mini-burner (15-30lbs) and first two boys have learned on this thing - I really like it for introductory level. Very lightweight for smaller kids. Also very accurate and allows kids to shoot very well at a young age. My kids were shooting better at age 6 than I was when I started at 16...
Oldest moved up to a PSE Rally (20-70lbs, 18-30 in draw), draw length adjustable with no bow press...truly could be only bow they'd ever need. Its a full size bow so need to be 8-9 yrs old to be able to handle it. All PSE RTS(ready to shoot) packages have everything they need (whisker biscuit, fiber optic 3 pin, quiver, peep, d-loop)...just add arrows.

The nice thing about the Rally is that I pack it on long trips as its a backup bow for me. 2 allen screws and I can turn it into 29" draw, crank down limbs, and site in quickly and get right back into woods vs. driving into a town to get my bow repaired.

Regardless - kids will love shooting a good bow - and when I bring these along to gatherings with their friends, I cannot get the other kids to put them down. Archery is fun - wish more kids had the chance...

Browtine

WKR
Not sure how big your kid is, but my 10 year old isn't very big and shoots the Ross JLD. Very compact bow and weighs in at around 2.5lbs. 20-50# on weight and infinite draw adjustment.

Intruder

FNG
I haven't looked at the 2 bows you mentioned but PSE and Hoyt are quality products. I bought my daughter a Mission Craze due to its extreme adjustability. She's gone from 22" and 16lbs to 25" and 37lbs in 1 year.

+1 for the Mission Craze. Great bow for the price and versatility. I was first looking at the Hoyt Ruckus but the Mission is what we ended up with for my son.