Youth boot recommendation

I'm looking for a solid pair of general purpose, waterproof hiking/hunting boots for my 9 year old. I'm not looking to break the bank, since these will be 1-season boots at the rate he's growing. However, they'll probably get handed down to my daughter, and maybe a nephew after that, so I don't mind spending a few extra bucks on quality footwear. Anybody have any brands/models that have worked well for their young hunters?

I found that it didn’t really matter. They’ve had Merrel, Salomon, etc…For my kids, I usually go to the local REI and see if they have anything on the returns rack in their size. They outgrow shoes so fast, and at least with my kids, they aren’t packing huge weight so I typically go with what fits and is available.

OP
T
R.E.I. that's a good idea, I'll check there!

In the past, I found a pair of Merrells on sale online. I also bought a pair of Redheads, and a pair of Northsides from Sportsman Warehouse, which both seemed expensive for the quality. I figured there must be better options.

tmorty

FNG
Man my son has had a set of hanwags for two years and he has loved them very much. Not ready to bite the bullet on another pair but they are certainly worth it!