Your ultimate clothing system

rideold

WKR
Boots - Meindl Comfort Fit Hunter (7 years)...these are getting pretty long in the tooth. I said it was time to replace them a year or so ago but then my son came of age to big game hunt so the money went to getting him some gear.

Socks - whatever merino that's affordable...usually REI.

Base Legs - Sitka Core Heavyweight (5 Years)

Pants - Cold - Core4Element Element Pants (7 Years) Mild - Sitka 90% (6 Years)....truth be told I've worn the 90% pants with the heavyweight base layer down to 0 and was fine.

I have a 7 year old pair of Core4Element rain pants that get used only when necessary. They don't breathe well and they are cut really baggy.

Gloves - Core4Element Element gloves (7 years and on their last legs) and a pair of Outdoor Research over mitts with moon-pile liners for really cold days.

Base Body - Merino T-shirt - whichever one I have at the time. I have mostly Icebreaker of various ages.

Base Body 1st Layer - Sitka Core Heavyweight Zip (5 Years)

I swap out the outer body layer depending on conditions
Mild - Sitka 90% (6 Years)
Cold - Sitka Kelvin Light (the original synthetic version with the stretch fleece sides) (5 Years) and a Kelvin Light vest if I get cold.

I add a Gore-Tex jacket over the Kelvin if it is really cold but I've had great use of the Gore-Tex over the 90% jacket too. I have a Sitka Gore-Tex without pit zips (4-5 years old) that has a soft face so it is quiet. It is heavy but a work horse. I picked it up on closeout for a silly low price when they changed over their line and it is now an integral part of my kit.

I have gone from 70's to well below zero with the whole setup and have it pretty dialed.

I'll be kind of lost when a piece wears out! I think I'll miss the 90% pants and jacket the most. I have a Timberline jacket that was a gift that I thought was going to be amazing but I have yet to figure out the best use for it besides walking the dog. It is too tight to put much layering underneath but not warm enough with a layer to be of much use....and it's kind of noisy...and the hood is too small to fit a hat under. I didn't pay full retail on any of the pieces so I feel pretty lucky on that count.

I don't wear any of the gear for anything but hunts so I've gotten pretty good life out of things. I also throw a really warm down jacket (not hunting specific) in the pack just in case!