Your Picks for an Ultralight Stock

I’m planning a custom build and am stuck on what stock to go with. Looking to get as light as I can and am having trouble getting below 26oz. It’s going to be a long action rifle and it will have a CarbonSix sendero barrel both of which will cut a little extra out of the stock but I do not want to bank on that. Any suggestions?

waspocrew

WKR
But to answer your question for a light weight stock, Peak 44 has some that are around 20 oz. I have no experience with them though.

You could also look at the Manners Ultra Classic plus (19-20 oz)

OP
droptine818
If set on carbon6, why not get their featherweight contour?
It was only a 1-2oz difference between the two for a 22” barrel and the guy I spoke with said the sendero doesn’t over heat as fast when running the gun at the range for longer sessions

KU_Geo

WKR
For a ultralight stock, I’d vote peak 44 blacktooth. 20oz and very shootable. I have one on a 6.5prc and really like it.

z987k

WKR
For ultra light and shootable with some negative comb, Echelon Versa. 15-17oz.

If you really care about ounces, then there's no way you'd use a carbon barrel.

I like Douglas, their featherweight.

Last edited:

Wrench

WKR
A brown pounder and a light weight lilja is gonna be hard to beat. Barts are pretty chubby.

TaperPin

WKR
Is Brown still making stocks after their fire a handful of years ago? The website and social media don’t seem to be updated with any stock information.

The Pounder is a great classic stock - mine was 17 ounces bedded and with a flip flop hard foam recoil pad, but I didn’t add a finish - just kept it as it came out of the mold. I see a warning to not use it above 30 cal mags, but I shot the heck out of it with a 375 and had no problems.

Wapiti1

WKR
Neither Bartlein nor Kreiger have true light profiles, IMO. PacNor, Douglas, Lilja are all good options for the lightest profiles. Or have a gunsmith recontour whatever you want.

MPI stocks have some 20 oz offerings. Bansner makes some light stocks as well. I haven't seen a new Brown in a while.

Jeremy