Your favorite BTSP hunting bullet?

Skippy00

FNG
IMO, nothing beats the old tried and true BTSP bullets for taking down MOST game.

My dream bullet is a Nosler Partition with a boat tail. But that ain't ever gonna happen. I love this bullet but wish I could get them to shoot tighter groups out of my rifles.

I've had tremendous success with the Interlock BTSP. Tried GameKings but lost a couple deer with those.

IMO, nothing beats the old tried and true BTSP bullets for taking down MOST game.

My dream bullet is a Nosler Partition with a boat tail. But that ain't ever gonna happen. I love this bullet but wish I could get them to shoot tighter groups out of my rifles.

I've had tremendous success with the Interlock BTSP. Tried GameKings but lost a couple deer with those.
My experience is partitions hit hard and shoot good enough. Like you said. But without caliber and game there's no answer. Most bullets have a velocity range where they work best. Except partitions. They just work.

Hard to beat the Sierra Gamekings. Used 165 gr in my 30-06 for the last 50+ yrs on deer, elk, and bear. They worked well for me even out to 600 yards, most were bang flop. If I had the chance I would have used them on moose too. This year I switched to Hammers when I bought a new rifle, so far they’ve worked too, 1 Antelope 300 yards, couple steps then over on his nose.

I have NOT had great experience with Interlocks. Have tried 5 different types of Interlocks in 3 different guns and never got any to shoot under about 1.5" in my guns. That is still a limited sample size, but the nail in the coffin was my Bergara HMR shooting 3/4" with American Gunner hollow points, but 1.5" with 129 Interlocks. Just haven't found a combo that shoots how I like them.

I did shoot about 3 animals with interlocks at 50-70yds and they all died, so success there, but accuracy has not been their strong suit in my limited experience.

Sierra Game Kings I want to try more. I've tried a 140 in 7mm Rem Mag, but got one that failed to pass through, so maybe a little light for the 7mag. But it shoot 1" for 5 shots easily, so it's my most accurate hunting bullet I've tried to date. I don't see Sierra Game Kings locally so I have not been able to conveniently pick up many types, so I may need to seek them out.

I have NOT had great experience with Interlocks. Have tried 5 different types of Interlocks in 3 different guns and never got any to shoot under about 1.5" in my guns. That is still a limited sample size, but the nail in the coffin was my Bergara HMR shooting 3/4" with American Gunner hollow points, but 1.5" with 129 Interlocks. Just haven't found a combo that shoots how I like them.

I did shoot about 3 animals with interlocks at 50-70yds and they all died, so success there, but accuracy has not been their strong suit in my limited experience.

Sierra Game Kings I want to try more. I've tried a 140 in 7mm Rem Mag, but got one that failed to pass through, so maybe a little light for the 7mag. But it shoot 1" for 5 shots easily, so it's my most accurate hunting bullet I've tried to date. I don't see Sierra Game Kings locally so I have not been able to conveniently pick up many types, so I may need to seek them out.
There are 2 different versions of the interlocks. Traditional and boat tails. The boat tails were extremely accurate out of a Rem 700 I used to have. But Hornady doesn't make the custom loads with those anymore.

Back