Your favored 6.5 CM bullet for black bear?

Megastink

Lil-Rokslider
I just ordered a Savage Ultralight in 6.5 Creedmoor for a long-haul-in mountain rifle. I’m planning on hunting black bear and deer with it. I was wondering which bullet everyone prefers for bear pit to 400 yards. I’m leaning towards the 143gr ELD-X, but would like to hear from successful hunters. TIA!

nobody

WKR
143 ELDX, 140 ELDM, 130 ELDM, or 130 TMK. I’d shoot any of them at anything on god’s green earth from point blank to 800 and not bat an eye. My personal favorite is the 140 ELDM.

OP
M

Megastink

Lil-Rokslider
143 ELDX, 140 ELDM, 130 ELDM, or 130 TMK. I’d shoot any of them at anything on god’s green earth from point blank to 800 and not bat an eye. My personal favorite is the 140 ELDM.
Wasn’t expecting to see a match bullet on the list.

nobody

WKR
Wasn’t expecting to see a match bullet on the list.
There’s a HUGE group of us here on Rokslide as well as outside Rokslide that only hunt with match bullets. The most effective kills I’ve seen and the most effective terminal performance I’ve seen in the last 5-ish years since switching have all been from match bullets, and the longest time to incapacitation and lowest amount of damage I’ve ever seen in my hunting career has been from “traditional hunting bullets.” There’s lots of reasons, it can all be disseminated and understood through these. Warning, there’s lots of reading and lots of traditional wisdom being challenged:

Bottom line: energy is irrelevant to “killing power,” it’s all about bullet performance and wound channels. Understanding minimum expansion velocity of your given projectile and how it behaves in tissue is what matters, traditional wisdom be damned.

Welcome to Rokslide, kick off your boots and have an open mind and stay awhile, hopefully you enjoy what we have to share around here.

OP
M

Megastink

Lil-Rokslider
There’s a HUGE group of us here on Rokslide as well as outside Rokslide that only hunt with match bullets. The most effective kills I’ve seen and the most effective terminal performance I’ve seen in the last 5-ish years since switching have all been from match bullets, and the longest time to incapacitation and lowest amount of damage I’ve ever seen in my hunting career has been from “traditional hunting bullets.” There’s lots of reasons, it can all be disseminated and understood through these. Warning, there’s lots of reading and lots of traditional wisdom being challenged:

Bottom line: energy is irrelevant to “killing power,” it’s all about bullet performance and wound channels. Understanding minimum expansion velocity of your given projectile and how it behaves in tissue is what matters, traditional wisdom be damned.

Welcome to Rokslide, kick off your boots and have an open mind and stay awhile, hopefully you enjoy what we have to share around here.
I know there’s a guy on LRH who swears by Lapua Scenars. I think his handle is of that likeness. I’ve added this podcast to my list. Very very good info. I can tell this single post is going to send me down a rabbit hole.