Your fav Darn Tough

Tater86

Lil-Rokslider
FYI-They are 25% off at GoBros.Com right now.

For active hunting out West, I'd go with Boot Heavyweight Hunting regardless of temperature. I feel the thicker socks gives me a better fit on my boots (Crispi) plus extra cushion. For late season stand hunting back East I run the Over-the-Calf Heavyweight. Great product and great warranty.

For me either the hiker or hunter boot socks...I have both mid and heavy weight with full cushion always. Even in warmer temps your feet will be fine. It really is preference though, some guys will wear a lightweight sock with no cushion in winter so yeah just gotta think about how much your feet sweat, how warm you run, how much support you like, etc.

heaviest cushion they make is what i wear every day. Fills in all the nooks and crannies in any shoe I'm wearing. The mid cushion doesn't give me enough padding.

Do the heavyweights not get hot for y'all?
my feet sweat in sandals so they are always hot. Good wool socks actually keep my feet cooler so I dont ever notice my feet feeling overheated. I wear the heavies due to how good they make my feet feel with the cushion.

xcutter

WKR
I would recommend buying different thicknesses and trying them on some hikes. I love the feel of a thicker Darn Tough but my feet get tore up with blisters from sweat. I have to use the lightweight hiker. They go on tight like a layer of skin.

OP
rodney482

rodney482

WKR
I will add I had 4 pr that were 12 yrs old and had started showing their age w holes.

Went through DT warranty and 4 new pr of socks cost be less than $10

I have about 6 pairs of DT socks for everyday wear. For me, they are hard to get on. I switched to Grip6 and haven’t looked back. DT are great socks. I just have a hard time getting them because they seem so tight. I mostly use a midweight crew.

I started with the midweight full cushion. Then got the midweight cushion, and the lightweight cushion next. All great socks but my go to now is the lightweight cushion. My feet sweat a lot, and with heavy hiking in warmer weather they do the best with the lightweight. Light hiking, I do the midweight cushion. Cold weather and snow, I go up to the midweight full cushion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nphunter

WKR
Paul Bunyan over the calf for most hunting and hiking. I have some super thin snow skiing merino over the calf socks as well I really like, I carry both in them pack. I normally start with the lightweight ones.