Yoke Tuning and Bow Press

I just got a dozen new arrows and am now bareshaft tuning each of them. I am constantly getting a right tear and have boiled it down to cam lean. I have moved my rest left and right and no matter how much I move it I still get a right tear. I know for a fact that it it not a spine issue.Here are my specs out of my Hoyt Torrex

71lbs
29" DL
Arrows are cut 27.75in Carbon to Carbon

My arrows are a 300 spine which is perfect for my specs when you plug them into spine calculators. So the only other thing it could be would be cam lean. I have a couple of questions. So if I am getting a right tear, I have to shorten/twist the right yoke of the bow, or lengthen/untwist the left yoke in the bow, Correct? And then for the bow press. I don't want to keep bringing my bow into a shop and keep getting charged for service. So I am looking for a decent bow press. I know the EZ Green is a great press. But I am going to college next year and I can't travel with that thing. So I am looking at something portable like a bowmaster press or building my own. Was wondering if you guys had any experience with the bowmaster press or have any other recommendations.

OR Archer

WKR
No experience with the press but as far the yoke tune you will want to take out twist from the left if you add them to the right. Example if you add one twist to the right side you take one out of the left. This keeps you from shortening the cable thus effecting your cam timing. It’s always a good idea to recheck the timing if you’re adding and subtracting lots of twists.

I prefer the synunm press to the bowmaster. It's a much faster system. You have to turn the bow master a lot to press a bow to take it down completely.

Both will work, the synunm is better.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Split limb bow compatibility is a bit of a crapshoot with portable presses due to inability to adjust the spread of the press fingers.

I would guess that the fingers on a standard Synunm press are too narrow for a Hoyt Torrex; the Halon or Hoyt ZT models likely have a better chance of working with your bow. The inside spread of the fingers on my standard model Synunm is approximately 13/16".
2022-01-18_23.41.54.jpg

A Bowmaster with split limb brackets might work for you. After slightly widening the brackets with a grinder, I was able to press my Hoyt Helix with a Bowmaster. I do prefer the design and greater range of travel of a Synunm press though.

OP
Dylan Sluis
About how many twists is average for fixing cam lean. Obviously it is different for every bow. But what is a good starting point?

OR Archer

WKR
About how many twists is average for fixing cam lean. Obviously it is different for every bow. But what is a good starting point?
If you’re new to it just do one at a time until you get a feel for how much the bow reacts per twist.

Yooper

WKR
Depending on the size of the tear I'd probably start with a half twist and go from there. A little can go a long way. Set your rest back to the proper centershot, too.