Yet another FNG from WA

Blacktocomm

Lil-Rokslider
I have replied to a couple other FNG posts for people in WA.

But I am an FNG in Issaquah WA.

Mid 30's have been on a few big game hunts but came up empty. Used to shoot Yote's and rabbits in college - but the past few years are my first foray into big game real hunting.

Into other generic outdoors - mountain biking, used to be a 1500+ mile per year runner, skiing, hiking.

Anyway stoked to be here.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie

I have replied to a couple other FNG posts for people in WA.

But I am an FNG in Issaquah WA.

Mid 30's have been on a few big game hunts but came up empty. Used to shoot Yote's and rabbits in college - but the past few years are my first foray into big game real hunting.

Into other generic outdoors - mountain biking, used to be a 1500+ mile per year runner, skiing, hiking.

Anyway stoked to be here.
Welcome. It’s never too late to get started and this is a great place to glean the knowledge you need to be successful.

dboone3

Lil-Rokslider
I'm in Issaquah too. Relatively new to this area and new to western hunting. Let me know if you're ever in need of someone to hunt/scout with. I know 0 people with an interest in hunting around here and that makes it hard to get started.

OP
Blacktocomm

Blacktocomm

Lil-Rokslider
I'm in Issaquah too. Relatively new to this area and new to western hunting. Let me know if you're ever in need of someone to hunt/scout with. I know 0 people with an interest in hunting around here and that makes it hard to get started.
It is super hard to get started. I end up trail running a lot of the areas I am interested in hunting but I do all of it alone. I joined the BHA and went to an event - but I also have a young child who has been in and out of the hospital so it is a rare day that I am able to spend more than a couple hours doing anything related to scouting/hunting. I get maybe 2 trips a year so it is tough.

dboone3

Lil-Rokslider
It is super hard to get started. I end up trail running a lot of the areas I am interested in hunting but I do all of it alone. I joined the BHA and went to an event - but I also have a young child who has been in and out of the hospital so it is a rare day that I am able to spend more than a couple hours doing anything related to scouting/hunting. I get maybe 2 trips a year so it is tough.

Sorry to hear about your child - I hope all is well! I'll have to try some BHA events.

Have you hunted Tiger at all? That's the easiest area to access around Issaquah, but hikers likely overrun it.

Disregard, just saw you replied on another post!

Gnomad

FNG
Welcome! Also new here and randomly just down the road in Hobart. Lived in Issaquah for awhile, Duthie in the AM was my jam. Been off the saddle for a few seasons now, I miss it, but the body sure doesn't hah!