XLR vs ?

Nine Banger

Lil-Rokslider
Shoot2HuntU
I have 2 XLR element magnesium chassis.

I have handled the MDT 26 and been around it, etc.

I prefer XLR.

My mountain rifle is not in a chassis though.

Have the XLR and hnt26, prefer the XLR as well. Like the grip and thumb shelf more on XLR. I did see MDT has a vertical carbon grip option now, might be nice to try out. verdict is still out on whether I like the grip that came on hnt26. My thumb floats around trying to find a comfortable spot, the lip on the chassis isn't quite wide enough to be comfortable. Very shootable and splitting hairs, but at the price point that's what we do I guess. I watched a lot of videos, read reviews on the hnt26, be careful with the tiny screws that connect the fore end, they stip and can break very easily, even with torque wrench, MDT was great to deal with about that. Then I shoot my A3 adjustable and wonder if saving the weight was worth the money. Probably get a different answer out of me at the range vs back packing in or out lol

@XLR why do the action screws come loose more often on your guys chassis vs other stocks? I have one that is about to be slapped together here god willing C6 finally sends me my barrel and a loose action screw would certainly piss me off. What can I do to avoid this?

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
@XLR why do the action screws come loose more often on your guys chassis vs other stocks? I have one that is about to be slapped together here god willing C6 finally sends me my barrel and a loose action screw would certainly piss me off. What can I do to avoid this?
I wouldnt say they come loose more often on our chassis than other stocks. Over the last 2 years I have only talked to 2 customers that have had issues with action screws coming loose. They were both pretty light 300 PRCs. We had them both put a little bit of white lithium grease on the action screw and torque them again then we didn't hear back. The action screws that we use are a mass produced screw so what we believe happened is the screws were on the higher end of tolerance and the action is on the lower end causing some binding between the screw and action before the screw is truly torqued to 65 inch lbs.

Another possible issue is guys not keeping up on routine maintenance and checking to make sure their screws are tight. Personally before I leave for a hunt or match, I check every screw to make sure it is tight and not going to cause any trouble. I haven't ever had a screw come loose on me while shooting my rifle. We see it at matches with both chassis and stocks where guys have action screws come loose after flying or driving to matches. Even in a good pelican case the rifles go through a lot of vibrations while traveling in trucks, planes, or RZRs.

H80Hunter

WKR
I just checked mine (about 100 rounds since I set it up). They were both still tight. But because I can’t stay off the internet I pulled them out quick and put them back with loctite and re-torqued to spec.

Reactions: XLR

philcox

WKR
Thousands of rounds through my XLR. Every time i try something different, I’m reminded how much i like the ergos of the XLR. It just fits like a glove. Have not had any issues with mags coming lose, mine is the adjustable and I’ve used AW and AICS. Never noticed loose action screws. Just recently had mine bedded just for another step of security, which is another benefit over the HNT26, which is not easy to bed. View attachment 724992
DId you bed it or have it done?