**XLR Industries new product announcement**

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
0.png310824915_467523162073343_3405660722924496471_n.jpg

We are very excited to introduce the new Hunter DBM for the Element 3.0, 4.0 and Atom chassis. It features a low profile and adjustable DBM latch which solves a few problems that we have been faced with in the past. #1 the shortened DBM latch is no longer going to get caught on brush. The latch is now hidden and sits below flush on the trigger guard which will ensure that brush or backpack straps will not be able to eject your magazine. #2 A big frustration with AICS magazines is the tolerance difference throughout the industry. Variance in magazine sizes can lead to a little looser fit on some mags vs others. The Hunter DBM allows you to fine-tune your mag latch height and create a very tight lock up which results in more consistent feeding and reduced play in the mag well.

Building the ultimate hunting chassis was our focus this year so we couldn’t just stop at the hunter DBM. We are excited to collaborate with Hawkins Precision for their new light weight chassis magazine. The base plate of this mag is designed to interface with the bottom of our Element and ATOM mag well creating a great spot to carry the rifle. This creates a more ergonomic chassis along with saving 2.5 oz compared to the 308 5 round magazines. The base plate also works to reduce any play by creating a contact point on the bottom of the chassis. The hunter DBM and Hawkins flush fit magazine will take your chassis rifle to the next level this hunting season.

We want to get everyone upgraded before hunting season this year so for the next two weeks we will be offering 15% off when you add both the hunter DBM and Hawkins Lightweight magazine on our website! If you have any questions about the products or how they work, feel free to reach out!

*** Disclaimer ***
- The Hawkins lightweight chassis magazine is not compatible with tikka actions.
- The Hawkins lightweight chassis magazine is not compatible with older XLR chassis models.

BBob

WKR
I assume you'll be adding these options to the chassis ordering menu's when ordering a new chassis?

Edit: Nevermind :) I see this detail on the Hunter DBM details.

"The all NEW hunter DBM will be standard on Element 4.0 and ATOM chassis systems ordered after September 2022."

Last edited:
OP
XLR

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I assume you'll be adding these options to the chassis ordering menu's when ordering a new chassis?

"The all NEW hunter DBM will be standard on Element 4.0 and ATOM chassis systems ordered after September 2022."
Yes sir you found it! It will be standard moving forward!

OP
XLR

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Any anticipation of lead times coming down?
At this time we will not be reducing them but we are hoping to be in the future! When the magnesium started being heavily backlogged during covid it really hurt us as far as lead times go! We have been chipping away so there is some light at the end of the tunnel right now!

OP
XLR

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
@XLR - Any plans to do these up in XM length?
We sure hope so!! Right now just short action, but if we can prove to Hawkins who produces these, there is demand for long actions and medium-length receivers like the XM. If that happens we will buy them and sell them for sure.

BBob

WKR
We sure hope so!! Right now just short action, but if we can prove to Hawkins who produces these, there is demand for long actions and medium-length receivers like the XM. If that happens we will buy them and sell them for sure.
APA has the rights to the Inflection mags and says they will eventually have the XM length 5 round mag available again. They said they hoped to have that done by the end of the year.

BBob

WKR
Are these standard when ordering a new chassis?

Yes, discussed previously above.

OP
XLR

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
@XLR will there be an option to get the old style of release for the guys who prefer those?
We still have some of the old versions that we set aside when we were wanting to transition as many orders over to the new ones. Always trying to take care of current orders prior to them even knowing about a new product or change.
Those older trigger guards are kept for warranty or future preference. But once those are gone, they are gone as the fixtures for the old trigger guards were re-purposed and modified for the new. So we will not be producing any more of them.
Keeping in mind that the different inlets often use a different trigger guard. So some inlets let's say Rem 700 SA/LA, we might have a decent handful of the old on hand. Where something like a BAT Vampire inlet, we might not have any left.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
We still have some of the old versions that we set aside when we were wanting to transition as many orders over to the new ones. Always trying to take care of current orders prior to them even knowing about a new product or change.
Those older trigger guards are kept for warranty or future preference. But once those are gone, they are gone as the fixtures for the old trigger guards were re-purposed and modified for the new. So we will not be producing any more of them.
Keeping in mind that the different inlets often use a different trigger guard. So some inlets let's say Rem 700 SA/LA, we might have a decent handful of the old on hand. Where something like a BAT Vampire inlet, we might not have any left.
Will there be an option to order a longer mag release lever with the new trigger guard? I have never dropped a magazine accidentally and prefer the longer release lever. I especially prefer it for competitions.

msstate56

Lil-Rokslider
Will there be an option to order a longer mag release lever with the new trigger guard? I have never dropped a magazine accidentally and prefer the longer release lever. I especially prefer it for competitions.
I am excited about this new release. I for one have dumped a mag accidentally during a competition, while on a second story rooftop. I had a second mag on my belt thank goodness. I’ve also had it drop while on a hunt, but my partner saw it and picked it up. Since then I’ve been rigging an elastic hair tie around the mag release to add tension. The old mag release was my 1 negative about my XLR chassis.

I’ve got this new DBM and hunter magazine on order.

OP
XLR

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
At this time we are not planning on making a longer mag release to go with the new trigger guard. We will see if there is enough demand to justify a longer one in the future but it is not planned right now.

3 questions for XLR:
  1. If I have a medium length Lone Peak action with a mag bolt face (7WSM), and if I were to purchase the most current version of the 4.0, what are all of the current options for medium-length detachable magazines?
  2. Same magazine availability question, but have a medium length Lone Peak action with a 308 bolt face (284 Win)?
  3. If able to share, are you aware of any magazine manufacturers working toward offering new medium-length mags?

Looking forward to your response - thx.

Last edited: