XLR Chassis Rifles

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
We want to see everyone's chassis rifles and we would also like to hear why you chose the components you did! Here is a personal build that I just put together for this fall! I wasn't really looking for the lightest rifle in the world, but I wanted a nice rifle to carry that was tough as nails! Of course, no house is built without a good foundation so I had to start it off with a magnesium Element 4.0 with the carbon buttstock and folder! On top of that, I went with a Defiance Ruckus Tactical, Proof 24-inch 1:9 twist chambered in 300 PRC, and an Area 419 Hellfire (until my can gets out of jail). For optics, I chose to go with the Nightforce Atacr held on with a Spuhr mount.

As I said in the beginning weight wasn't really my biggest concern with this rifle since it will mostly be used for Elk, Deer, and Antelope hunting this fall. My main purpose was to have a rifle that I can throw around in the truck or bounce off some rocks and it will hold zero! With that being said, I am going to be adding an 18inch 6.5 PRC barreled action to the shelf for those hunts where weight really matters! The total weight as you see is around 11 lbs with the bipod, scope, and send it level!

Let's see some of your rifles and their specs along with the vision behind the build! I know there are some good ones out there from guys who we do not hear from often!

Jaden, West elk precision, NF, Spuhr, tbac, area 419,Defiance, triggertech, proof,  two vets 2...jpg

well.... i just got shipping notification on my xlr! i will post some pics when it shows and i get it on my rifle.... i got a 7-9wk update about a month ago i think, so i got some surprise excitement this morning checking emails

that's a badass looking rifle ya built!

EcoastDG

FNG
BA7E78B3-4642-4812-85A1-82AD140FD554.jpeg
I built this rifle for my Montana bear hunts. It’s a Tikka action purchased from JA Outdoors with a prefit Proof barrel chambered in 300 win mag. It has an Area 419 muzzlebrake and a Area 419 pic rail. The scope is a Tract 4-20 with Mrad prs reticle riding in Hawkins Precision rings.The chassis is of course the XLR Envy 4.0 that I painted myself. It has the folding stock attachment with the regular stock that fits me like a glove. I use either a 2 vets tripod or the Atlas bipod seen here. I have been shooting Unknown Munitions 205 Elite Hunters and was able to harvest an old Montana bear with that round.
I have come to love my XLR chassis. It does tend to weigh more than my other stocks, however the chassis makes up the difference with the ability to fit it perfectly for me which in turn means I shoot better because of it.
I will be purchasing another XLR chassis this summer for sure.

OP
XLR

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
View attachment 420939
I built this rifle for my Montana bear hunts. It’s a Tikka action purchased from JA Outdoors with a prefit Proof barrel chambered in 300 win mag. It has an Area 419 muzzlebrake and a Area 419 pic rail. The scope is a Tract 4-20 with Mrad prs reticle riding in Hawkins Precision rings.The chassis is of course the XLR Envy 4.0 that I painted myself. It has the folding stock attachment with the regular stock that fits me like a glove. I use either a 2 vets tripod or the Atlas bipod seen here. I have been shooting Unknown Munitions 205 Elite Hunters and was able to harvest an old Montana bear with that round.
I have come to love my XLR chassis. It does tend to weigh more than my other stocks, however the chassis makes up the difference with the ability to fit it perfectly for me which in turn means I shoot better because of it.
I will be purchasing another XLR chassis this summer for sure.
We love to hear that man! The TR-2 does make it a little heavier than the carbon buttstock but on the bigger rifles, I think the weight is well worth it! I went out this weekend and shot the rifle in the original post, and another one that is exactly the same but with the TR-2 buttstock. It is pretty impressive how the TR-2 reduces the felt recoil for only 11 oz more. The fit of the buttstock is a bigger deal than some like to believe! I think there is a time and place for both but the TR-2 will allow you to shoot the rifle just a little better if you can afford the additional weight!

OP
XLR

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
well.... i just got shipping notification on my xlr! i will post some pics when it shows and i get it on my rifle.... i got a 7-9wk update about a month ago i think, so i got some surprise excitement this morning checking emails

that's a badass looking rifle ya built!
We would rather that happen than give you a 3-4 week update and ship it in 6! Which seems to be common in the custom rifle anymore! Let us know if you have any questions on your chassis or need anything!

308ghost

FNG
Placing my order with Mr. Means now for a magnesium element to put my tikka in. Looking forward to this thing a ton. Spent the last 6 months saving money and researching which chassi I wanted for my hunting rig. The folder option is going to be so handy. Cheers!!

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Here are a couple of mine. These are both Tikka actions and chambered in 6.5-06 Ackley.

This one is the Magnesium Element 3.0 with carbon grip and buttstock. The barrel is 18" (if my memory is correct) and I have a Rugged suppressor on it.

FB_IMG_1649023826270.jpg

This one is in the aluminum Element 4.0 with TR-2. The C-6 should be here soon for it.

FB_IMG_1654608152668.jpg

Last edited:

slick

WKR
Here is another shop build! Atom chassis with a 10-inch barrel and a can! That thing will not be getting caught on any brush!

View attachment 422121
What's the weight on this? I'm thinking a titanium action, magnesium atom chassis, 10-14" barrel, can, scope/rings could be right in the 5.5lb range or so and be much more packable. Especially if you're already bringing a tripod... plus the cool factor.

OP
XLR

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
What's the weight on this? I'm thinking a titanium action, magnesium atom chassis, 10-14" barrel, can, scope/rings could be right in the 5.5lb range or so and be much more packable. Especially if you're already bringing a tripod... plus the cool factor.
The cool factor is all that you need to worry about..... No, this one weighs 8 lbs 4 oz but that is with a heavier steel barrel, a steel 700 action, and I am not sure what that buttstock weighs. There are definitely spots where you could lose a lot of weight here though! It would definitely be packable too! I think a little 300 blackout shooting 110s would be an awesome 300-yard rifle!

Here is another shop build! Atom chassis with a 10-inch barrel and a can! That thing will not be getting caught on any brush!

View attachment 422121
That’s pretty dang cool!! I may have to do something like that in the future for calling lions, that’s perfect… cover lots of ground to cut a track (no snow around here) and shots always sub 100yds… I like that a lot… would be good for timber hunting blacktail too… put a fixed 4x optic on it and have a handy little rifle (or a 1-4x or 6x)

I like that idea… sit down and mount it on the tripod😉

OP
XLR

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
That’s pretty dang cool!! I may have to do something like that in the future for calling lions, that’s perfect… cover lots of ground to cut a track (no snow around here) and shots always sub 100yds… I like that a lot… would be good for timber hunting blacktail too… put a fixed 4x optic on it and have a handy little rifle (or a 1-4x or 6x)

I like that idea… sit down and mount it on the tripod😉
That would be perfect for that! Plus if you are mounted to the tripod it would almost be impossible to miss unless you hit a branch!

I’m pretty pleased with the final result, the element is a cool piece of practical craftsmanship, every little aspect of fit and finish is on point, I was more impressed with the chassis in hand… I’m stoked with it, this will be for my wife and daughter, and I couldn’t picture a better platform for the purpose (besides turning the brake into a can)

Attachments

• 97970021-3F4A-4DDE-BD11-A1DA39C67BEE.jpeg
    97970021-3F4A-4DDE-BD11-A1DA39C67BEE.jpeg
    159.7 KB · Views: 93

FLS

WKR
70FE90F8-7E0B-448C-AD45-C36521F3676F.jpeg
Tikka CTR .223 in an Element 3.0 Topped with a Bushnell DMR 3. One of my favorite rifles. I shoot it in the Tac division ( .223 / .308 ) at some local matches, and recently took it to an F class match and shot it in the T/R class. It’s a laser with 75 ELDMs.

Last edited:

z987k

WKR
That is more than attainable. I'm finishing my build on the Mg Element on a tikka(heavy) action with a steel barrel(lighter than carbon) and the rifle minus the scope, mag and can is at 5lbs 2oz.

Biggest thing that sucks is the weight of the tikka steel magazines. I missed that in my research and would not have built off a tikka had I known.

Last edited:

kharb22

Lil-Rokslider
Here is my 7 SAUM mountain rifle. I went Lone Peak Fuzion Ti XM Length for my action. I went XM length for my 26in Bartlein tube that was shooting 180's. The current barrel is a Carbin Six18in that I'm shooting 150 Bergers out of. It still feeds the shorter rounds fine. I did swap out the Vortex for a ATACR 4X16, which put it over 9 pounds now. The chassis is a XLR Magnesium 4.0 Chassis, which was one of the first XM length ones in the wild. The can is a Dead Air Nomad LT, because non-supressed is hideous.
7c9c72d7ebb0b7fa8101e260b1eb221e.jpg
38d193aca392e55254fb1f632b1e3309.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Here is my 7 SAUM mountain rifle. I went Lone Peak Fuzion Ti XM Length for my action. I went XM length for my 26in Bartlein tube that was shooting 180's. The current barrel is a Carbin Six18in that I'm shooting 150 Bergers out of. It still feeds the shorter rounds fine. I did swap out the Vortex for a ATACR 4X16, which put it over 9 pounds now. The chassis is a XLR Magnesium 4.0 Chassis, which was one of the first XM length ones in the wild. The can is a Dead Air Nomad LT, because non-supressed is hideous.
7c9c72d7ebb0b7fa8101e260b1eb221e.jpg
38d193aca392e55254fb1f632b1e3309.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
That’s a badass setup, would be about as close to a “do all” rifle as I could imagine

Reactions: XLR
Bat vampire action
20” 1-8 carbon six barrel
Bix n Andy tac sport pro
In the picture it has Ziess v4 but now wears a nightforce nx8 4-32
Thunderbeast tbac ultra 7
The purpose of this build was to build was to have something light enough and compact enough to take into the back country. The chassis did take some getting used too. I have always been more comfortable with a good palm swell and carbon stock but have came to like this set up. The rifle is chambered in a 300 prc and by Shawn carlock with his +p treatment. It’s shooting a 215 berger Slightly over 2900 fps and hangs just under 3/8 moa consistently. DE69D12E-5EA7-487E-88C1-8DAE97DC46D9.jpeg