X-bolt or T3X?

I don't understand the gripe about the trigger on the original x bolt. A 10 dollar spring turns that trigger into something nicer than a stock Tikka trigger (don't get me wrong I like my Tikka better overall).

No, it doesn't. Might get it close to the same pull weight but it's not as nice of a trigger.

BCD

WKR
No, it doesn't. Might get it close to the same pull weight but it's not as nice of a trigger.
Both of mine are great after the spring replacement. I have a Timney as well and I cannot tell the difference. Sounds like people may be seeing some variation here.

IDMNT17

FNG
My Browning X bolt LR is a absolute tack driver. Its a great shooting rifle. I just wish there were more aftermarket stocks available like Stockys or the Rokstok, but also I can't complain too much about the factory stock as the rifle is crazy accurate.

House21

FNG
I had the original x-bolt, tikka T3 & T3X & now the x-bolt 2, I have a tikka T3 in 300 wsm that I’ll never get rid of but right now I think I’d pick the x-bolt 2 over any of them. If it was the old x-bolt, I’d prefer the tikka.

BCD

WKR
I had the original x-bolt, tikka T3 & T3X & now the x-bolt 2, I have a tikka T3 in 300 wsm that I’ll never get rid of but right now I think I’d pick the x-bolt 2 over any of them. If it was the old x-bolt, I’d prefer the tikka.
I'm curious- what do you like better about the Xbolt 2 over the original Xbolt and what caliber did you get? I wish they made it in 7MM-08.

pugwylde

FNG
That Browning is a full pound heavier, assuming I have the models right. I had a LR Max and it was brutal for carrying. Conversely, I have a Speed that is as manageable as they come. My Tikka action feels smooth, my Browning feels precise. But I feel like this comes down to preference.

House21

FNG
I'm curious- what do you like better about the Xbolt 2 over the original Xbolt and what caliber did you get? I wish they made it in 7MM-08.
The stock for one, like the rubberized texture they used on the handling surfaces, the ability to change the grip rather than the traditional grip, the comb adjustment is nice, trigger is better (still not perfect but better) and the action is definitely smoother. I got mine in 7 PRC with 20" barrel. The 7mm-08 is still one of my favorite rounds, took quite a few animals with my wife's old tikka in 7mm-08

BCD

WKR
The stock for one, like the rubberized texture they used on the handling surfaces, the ability to change the grip rather than the traditional grip, the comb adjustment is nice, trigger is better (still not perfect but better) and the action is definitely smoother. I got mine in 7 PRC with 20" barrel. The 7mm-08 is still one of my favorite rounds, took quite a few animals with my wife's old tikka in 7mm-08
Are you talking the speed models? I thought the older Xbolt Speeds and Xbolt 2 Speeds both had the same rubberized texture?

House21

FNG
Are you talking the speed models? I thought the older Xbolt Speeds and Xbolt 2 Speeds both had the same rubberized texture?
my old xbolt was a synthetic blued after they stopped using the duratouch finish, the new one is the speed spr and its just rubberized on the forend and grip by the trigger