X-bolt or T3X?

meta_gabbro

Lil-Rokslider
Choosing between a T3X Roughtech and an X-Bolt HC-S in .308 for a new hunting/target rifle. Every now and then someone complains about the 1/11" twist in the T3X but the spec page for the X-Bolt shows 1/12", which seems weird as hell and is kinda turning me off on it. Big fan of the ergos, mag, and finish on the Browning, but if it can't stabilize big pills then I'll pass.

If you want to shoot handloads or longer high BC bullets, the Xbolt will have more mag space. Tikka has a better trigger. If you want to modify with aftermarket goodies, tikka has many more options. You'll want to put a libsaver recoil pad on a tikka, browning comes with top notch recoil pads.

The two hunting rifles I use most are a factory 300 WSM and now a custom tikka in 7 SAUM. Both are great.
Browning doesn't have as many aftermarket upgrades because it's perfect from the factory 😉😎

rodney482

WKR
🤣🤣 atleast if your gonna bash and talk sht about it know the facts ...browning xbolts all have metal triggers...there is not a plastic trigger on any xbolt...that would be the cheap ab3.
my Hells canyon McMillan in 28 nos trigger assembly was junk and lots of plastic…. Replaced w a Timney

my Hells canyon McMillan in 28 nos trigger assembly was junk and lots of plastic…. Replaced w a Timney
Well if you had a hells canyon than you had a metal trigger there's no plastic...also if up upgraded to the timey you lost the bolt unlock feature..call it what you want but the xbolts trigger is not plastic..even tho it looks it because it's real thin it's 100 percent metal.

rodney482

WKR
Well if you had a hells canyon than you had a metal trigger there's no plastic...also if up upgraded to the timey you lost the bolt unlock feature..call it what you want but the xbolts trigger is not plastic..even tho it looks it because it's real thin it's 100 percent metal

Well if you had a hells canyon than you had a metal trigger there's no plastic...also if up upgraded to the timey you lost the bolt unlock feature..call it what you want but the xbolts trigger is not plastic..even tho it looks it because it's real thin it's 100 percent metal.
im talking full assembly not just the trigger and yes ive never needed a bolt lock

Mojave

WKR
Have you gone to a store and handled each? I'd pick whichever fits you better. Both are a great choice for what you want to do.
He lives in Canada they don't have gun stores like we do. They would be lucky if a province had more than 10.

Reddish

Lil-Rokslider
Browning needs a .223 in the X-Bolt 2...I still don't like their factory stock, but this would be intriguing.

Browning needs a .223 in the X-Bolt 2...I still don't like their factory stock, but this would be intriguing.
In all honesty I'm not a fan of the xbolt 2..I love my original a bolts and xbolts/xbolt pro..I feel like all these company's are trying to stay hip and play the tactical trend all these "extras " they claim on the xbolt 2 means nothing to me..the only difference that might be better would be the new trigger..other than that I wish they would just leave it alone...belive it or not there's still plenty of us that like simple classic hunting guns...I don't care to hunt with a gun that looks like it came from a video game..they are phasing out the xbolts to the xbolt 2 ...these company's always gotta ruin a good thing...prime example browning discontinued the original Abolt that was iconic since late 80s and what do they do...they replace it with a cheap pos called the ab3 with the plastic trigger...THEY WILL SHOOT..but it is nowhere near the quality or even looks of the original abolt.

pharmfisher

Lil-Rokslider
I don't understand the gripe about the trigger on the original x bolt. A 10 dollar spring turns that trigger into something nicer than a stock Tikka trigger (don't get me wrong I like my Tikka better overall).

Reddish

Lil-Rokslider
In all honesty I'm not a fan of the xbolt 2..I love my original a bolts and xbolts/xbolt pro..I feel like all these company's are trying to stay hip and play the tactical trend all these "extras " they claim on the xbolt 2 means nothing to me..the only difference that might be better would be the new trigger..other than that I wish they would just leave it alone...belive it or not there's still plenty of us that like simple classic hunting guns...I don't care to hunt with a gun that looks like it came from a video game..they are phasing out the xbolts to the xbolt 2 ...these company's always gotta ruin a good thing...prime example browning discontinued the original Abolt that was iconic since late 80s and what do they do...they replace it with a cheap pos called the ab3 with the plastic trigger...THEY WILL SHOOT..but it is nowhere near the quality or even looks of the original abolt.
All my X-Bolts are walnut stocked Hunter models. I don’t need anything extra either.

What like about the 2 is the anti binding features of the action. Just molded delrin pieces that will likely break at some point, but they I do like that feature.

I do like my A-Bolts. The only one that I didn’t like was the .243 WSSM…as it jammed a lot.