X-Bolt 2 Scope Mounting Issue

Hi All, long time lurker, first time posting here.

I recently purchased a Browning X-Bolt 2 Speed in .30-06. The Scope I have for it (Vortex Razor HDLH 2-10X40) does not have a long enough tube to be mounted with rings like the Talley one pieces or similar rings.

Because of this, I purchased a Warne Mountain Tech Rail in standard long action length for an X-Bolt, and some Vortex Pro Series rings in low.

The problem is on the standard long action rail I got, the screw holes are not far enough apart so they match up on both the back and front portion of the receiver (maybe 1/4' off or so).

Does anyone know what is going on here and what options I have for a solution? The place I got the X-Bolt 2 from said its the same scope base pattern as the original X-Bolt. Not sure if that is true or not, or if an X-Bolt in .30-06 is not a standard long action (thought it was?), or if the rail I sent was perhaps labeled wrong and is not for along action.

I am not married to the idea of having to rail as a base, I just want the scope low mainly. Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks!

nobody

WKR
What @Weldor said above, looks like you’ve ended up with a short action rail instead of long action. Swap it for a long action one and you should be fine.

Weldor

WKR
I have Talley's on a short action, also have a leupold pic rail for it. No issues. Just watch the torque spec for the receiver holes. I believe it is 18 inch pounds for the X-bolt bases.

OP
L
I have Talley's on a short action, also have a leupold pic rail for it. No issues. Just watch the torque spec for the receiver holes. I believe it is 18 inch pounds for the X-bolt bases.
I just checked the manual to confirm, it does say 18 inch pounds for the bases. I am thinking I will likely buy another rail for a long action, but maybe from a different manufacturer, and hope this time I actually get a long action rail.

OP
L
Update: I ordered a Leupold rail for an XBolt in long action. Same issue as the Warne, with the rear screw holes lined up, the front holes are maybe 1/4" off. Maybe these receivers are not the same as the original X Bolts in terms of hole pattern.

XBolt2 Rail.jpg

OP
L
Just an FYI for others, I called Browning and they said for anything that is a normal long action cartridge, you actually need to order the magnum length rail for the XBolt 2s.

Does this apply to a standard X-bolt action? I have an original speed .300 win that is in need of a rail and im wondering if I need a long or magnum length? Apparently, the .300win in the original xbolt is a long action and the magnum length is for .300 prc, .300 rum, and .375 h&h from what I can gather . Just trying to confirm if the original x bolt lengths are accurate.

OP
L
Does this apply to a standard X-bolt action? I have an original speed .300 win that is in need of a rail and im wondering if I need a long or magnum length? Apparently, the .300win in the original xbolt is a long action and the magnum length is for .300 prc, .300 rum, and .375 h&h from what I can gather . Just trying to confirm if the original x bolt lengths are accurate.
That I am not sure on, if you want to confirm for sure though I would call Browning first before ordering anything. I thought it was going to be a pain to get ahold of them but their customer service was very helpful and fast. I called the 800-333-3288 number and the total length of my call with them was probably less than 2 minutes.

Evergreen

WKR
So the old XBolt uses the standard long action rail except for 300 RUM and 300 PRC they use a longer rail. The XBolt 2 long actions now all use the 300 RUM/PRC rails. The standardized the action length. Hope that makes sense!