Wyoming

Wags

WKR
I drew my landowner deer but not Antelope. I didn't expect to with my unit's NR tags being cut to 25.

Jd259

WKR
I’m in 4 points in the special got it done which is surprising to me maybe I drew a random have to wait and see the stats I guess

Juan_ID

WKR
Nada for me… 🥲 Guess I’ll try again next year. Curious to see what the odds were, thought I had it this year.

Were in NR deer and antelope party of 4 was not expecting to draw pleasant surprise. Heading west in the first part of October.

Beaglegun

Lil-Rokslider
We drew 2nd choice antelope but did not draw doe tags with 88% odds last year.

Jd259

WKR
Draw stats are up looks like the special in G was a bust this year took less points in the regular than special. H saw about a point of creep and special was worth it compared to regular.

FlareBlitz91

Lil-Rokslider
My father and i drew!

Random draw came through for us.

Looking at the odds and PP breakdown apps were HALF of what they were in previous years but preference points remained the same. Some medium to high point holders burned their points for a traditionally low point area.

So we had no chance in the PP draw but twice as good of odds in random this year. Interesting stuff but it worked out for us.

deadwolf

WKR
Draw stats are up looks like the special in G was a bust this year took less points in the regular than special. H saw about a point of creep and special was worth it compared to regular.

I have to wonder if some people sat out of the WY draw due to the bad winter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FlareBlitz91

Lil-Rokslider
I think this is goin to be the best year to hunt it for the next 5+ years but who knows lots of mixed reports on winter kill I drew a random up there so I guess I’ll find out in sept!
Exactly. Winter kill isn’t good for this years hunting but the effects won’t truly be felt for a few years as we basically lost an entire age class of deer.

deadwolf

WKR
I think this is goin to be the best year to hunt it for the next 5+ years but who knows lots of mixed reports on winter kill I drew a random up there so I guess I’ll find out in sept!

It will be interesting to see how it shakes out when we finally get out there in the fall and put boots on the ground. We usually hunt WY every other year, but depending on what we see population wise we may want to skip it in the next cycle. I for one would be willing to wait a season out and let the population rebound.

Let’s hope for a few mild winters for about a decade!

Or.hunter

WKR
Buddy and I drew H regular draw. 7.5 points a piece. First time in that area. We are excited to say the least.

flytrait

Lil-Rokslider
Woke up to an unexpected "successful" email.......

Snagged a deer tag in the random with 4 points up near Casper.

2% draw odds, and 13 points last year. I don't ever beat the draw odds, until now.
If it's the area I hunting 3 years ago and burned my points on send me a PM. I can provide some information.