Wyoming Walk in Hunting Area's. I have questions

PaHunter86

Lil-Rokslider
Not looking for any area specifics on where to hunt I'm just trying to understand this clearly before next application time. So lets us pick a Walk In hunting Area. So Area 25 says species available is Dove, Antelope, Deer. I click for More info and it says Specific Species Available X Denotes Species and Hunt Area after. So for this its X- 34. Does this mean I need to go to Laramie Area 34 to hunt Antelope or can I on Area 25? To me it means Area 34 but then why include it in the Species Available for Area 25? Any help with this would be awesome. Trying to get a unit picked out that my son and I can hunt next year. I included Snip Its of what I'm seeing. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Area 25.PNG
    Area 25.PNG
    80.4 KB · Views: 36
  • Area 25-1.PNG
    Area 25-1.PNG
    19.4 KB · Views: 38

wyodan

WKR
That is walk in area #25 in Laramie County. You would be in antelope area 34, so that is the area you are hunting. The number of the walk in area does not necessarily correspond with the hunt area you are looking at.

Hoosker Doo

Lil-Rokslider
What Wyodan said. If you wanted to hunt that walk-in area, you apply for unit 34 for antelope, and unit 15 for deer.

Walk-in areas are nice, but I'd also look at how much National forest or BLM you might have access to. That's typically where you'll finding larger areas with a lower concentration of sportsmen.

OP
PaHunter86

PaHunter86

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you guys! I figured it was something simple I was overlooking. Yea I plan on going to a different unit.

EdP

WKR
Walk-in areas are designated by county rather than hunt area and could even be divided by hunt area boundaries. For planning purposes be warned that Walk-in Areas can and do change year to year depending on landowner agreements with the state. I don't know of a source designating what Walk-in areas will be available that can be checked before the May 31 application deadline for deer/antelope. It is important to make sure there are other public land options in the hunt area you apply for.