Wyoming Unit Antelope

Couple of buddies and myself drew some unit wyoming antelope tags. First trip for me out west to hunt. Just looking for any valuable info on wmas, possible private access, etc. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:

Rich M

WKR
Get ready for a bunch of bs w people telling you not to post unit numbers.

Realunlucky is a moderator who is supposed to remove this post to save hunting in the future.

Its s bunch of chit cooked up by the dudes on here who think you need to earn everything yourself.

Justsayin’

Couple of buddies and myself drew some unit 43 wyoming antelope tags. First trip for me out west to hunt. Just looking for any valuable info on wmas, possible private access, etc. Thanks in advance!

Wyoming hunt planner and the fish and game website are very helpful at getting you headed in the right direction, might be best of any state.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Couple of buddies and myself drew some unit 43 wyoming antelope tags. First trip for me out west to hunt. Just looking for any valuable info on wmas, possible private access, etc. Thanks in advance!
Welcome to Rokslide. You should take an opportunity to look around a bit and you'll find this community is pretty awesome.

Now unfortunately we aren't letting FNG's (new guys) post up unit specific questions. Any unit question/answers remain out in the world wide webs forever, which can doom some really great spots.

Rokslide's administrations expectation is that all long standing Rokslide members will understand and support this concept and take all such conversations to private message.

Yes it's a hassle to join and be part of this community but the rewards are worth the effort including the ability to send and receive private messages.

Hope to see you active in the forums, and good luck on your hunt, that's a really good tag.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member

Realunlucky is a moderator who is supposed to remove this post to save hunting in the future.

Its s bunch of chit cooked up by the dudes on here who think you need to earn everything yourself.

Justsayin’
Rich this is the current standard, it's unfortunate it rubs you the wrong way.

OP
R
I wasn't asking for people's spots obviously. Thought it was worth a shot for some general information but all good. People in my state act like this, thought the west had a little more class. Sadly wrong, wonder why hunting numbers are declining all over the US and we are losing more and more privileges along the way. Look no further. At one time hunters were all on the same team. Guess television made everyone professionals. Good day.

cnelk

WKR

Justsayin’

Maybe Hunt Talk is a better place for you?

Just sayin

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wasn't asking for people's spots obviously. Thought it was worth a shot for some general information but all good. People in my state act like this, thought the west had a little more class. Sadly wrong, wonder why hunting numbers are declining all over the US and we are losing more and more privileges along the way. Look no further. At one time hunters were all on the same team. Guess television made everyone professionals. Good day.
There's a lot on here, a lot of great information on hunting antelope and plenty of great members.

Uncovering the secrets of a hunting unit is part of fun, and makes being successful all the more rewarding.

wytx

WKR
I guess you're implying that folks out West made this a thing, not true. I bet most guys complaining about area numbers or unit numbers do not live out West they just want to hunt it every year like residents.
I was going to reply via pm but sense I'm classless I guess you wouldn't listen anyway ??

I am a NR who hunts Wyoming and will hunt it this Oct. How did I find a decent spot to hunt was given a phone number by a fellow hunter, it has turned into a good friendship with the rancher we hunt on and a fairly good area to hunt.

Rich M

WKR
Rich this is the current standard, it's unfortunate it rubs you the wrong way.

Much understood, you had to pick a side. Its okay to disagree, not gonna give out any honey holes.

Im one of the guys who was able to enjoy a couple hunts with specific help from guys online. Not like anyone said go sit here, it was more or less enough encouragement to give it a go.

Do have a guided antelope hunt this year thanks to the 90/10 threat. Was chasing a hunt (recommended by someone online) in the point creep.

Looking forward to a couple nights around the campfire seeing the WY stars.

Trapline

FNG
This forum has more of a gear and point collecting type base, the thread counts don’t lie. You will probably have better luck in more localized hunting forums to the unit you are wanting to hunt. But if you need a backpack advice or used items your in the right place. Just my .02

ladogg411

Lil-Rokslider

I would just go post your unit number question over on monster muleys.

Rokslide is for used gear at 10% off.

khunter

Lil-Rokslider
This forum has more of a gear and point collecting type base, the thread counts don’t lie. You will probably have better luck in more localized hunting forums to the unit you are wanting to hunt. But if you need a backpack advice or used items your in the right place. Just my .02
Spot on.

YellCoAR

Lil-Rokslider
Hunting is for the devil. This site does not allow any specific unit talk. I had a post deleted over photos of unusual land formation you have seen while hunting. I had no idea this could give or direct anyone to a location. Heck if you recognized the photo I posted. You have already been there. The truth is play by the rules if you want to enjoy. Years ago I have received help and offered several help as I learned.

Jimss

WKR
There's a gob of hunters across the country that have invested a lot of time and $ into hunting Wyo and elsewhere. As tags become tougher and tougher to draw the word is pretty much mum by a lot of guys since it has taken longer and longer to draw tags. The internet has also made it SOOO easy for newcomers to figure out some of the higher demand units and better areas within units to hunt. Antelope numbers in Wyo are at an almost all time low so it takes even longer to draw tags and there are fewer whopper bucks to keep everyone happy.

There are so many new hunters trying to figure out all the strategies for drawing tags and hunting critters throughout the West. I would agree that it becomes pretty old when new members to hunting websites advertise for unit and other help. Many new members tend to ask all the questions and at the end of their season have nothing to share....especially with others that may draw the same tag in future years.

Word spreads like wildfire across hunting websites. Suddenly a relatively easy draw unit with quality bucks has horrific draw odds. It doesn't take much to spoil a good thing!

It's pretty sad when those that ask for advice aren't willing to help others? It happens over and over again on this and other hunting websites. It's tough to be mr niceguy and offer friendly advice.

I've drawn my fair share of great tags over the years. Just about every tag I've drawn I put in hours upon hours of research, scouting, and legwork before each hunt. Usually it all pays off! With all that said, you can see how it is a little tough for strangers to offer others detailed advice?