Wyoming unit 7

barmar65

Lil-Rokslider
Heading out to Wyoming on Sunday for the rest of the month possibly. Does anyone have any info on the area and strategies for elk they are willing to share.

whitingja

WKR
I hunted by Albany mtn last year. They didn't start rutting til end of September. Fire has destroyed my area, but rumor has it they are making their way back in. There are huge bulls in area 7. I mean 400 class bulls. I didn't believe it until I spotted a monster. You have to get away from the crowds. Study maps, then pack in to find the big boys. Cow creek holds a lot. Get into the canyons...the nasty stuff. Astenfelter has a lot, but a lot of hunters too. Good luck. Hold out for at least a 330 bull.

OP
B

barmar65

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks cow creek is the area i intended on, but i heard that it gets pretty crowded. I thought some of the areas that weren't burned to badly might hold some elk again once hunting pressure started. I have a permission slip for Harris park and muddy mountain hma areas also. Harris park looks like allot of open sage and I'm not sure if out hold animals and how you would go about hunting it. Will certainly look at it closer when we get there.