Wyoming Shed Hunting Bill Proposal

TheTone

WKR
Wish i could like this more than once.
Same, let’s make sure those shed influencers seem to have no noticeable skills, give nothing back other than some videos, photos, merch and dumb jokes. If they can look like total slobs even better

CJ19

WKR
Another excellent strategy for improving shed hunting opportunities on public land is for state and/or federal agencies to take publicly generated funds (think something like license fees) and secretly pay influencers to film their shed hunts and tell everyone how great and easy it is. That will enable that agency to increase demand and revenue from people hunting public land shed resources. Not disclosing the public funding through a confidentiality agreement between the influencer and public agency is key so people think these influencers really enjoy this activity and its not simply an infomercial.

I m not a shed hunter and have never removed a shed from federal land in my life but some of these strats used by public land hunting influencers to "help" improve public land hunting opportunities could really help shed hunters too. Youre welcome.

BGnight

FNG
Harassing animals to drop antlers should be criminally punished and we should all do our part to help wardens enforce this by reporting these a-holes. With that said, ethical shed hunting shouldn't be regulated. I live in NV and we now have a "shed season". It's retarded. So the logical solution for me is to go "shed scouting" before the season opens. Heck, a popular YouTuber (shedcrazy) actually makes videos of himself going out pre season in NV and marking sheds. He's obviously mocking the new law. Make stupid laws, get stupid results.

fwiw I'm a new shed hunter and find it very enjoyable. However, I've never sold an antler and even if I do it's not even a small part of why I love it.

Last edited:

BGnight

FNG
In order to help this situation, we need more influencers advocating for shed hunting on public land. Additional large sponsorship deals from companies like Leupold, Yeti, Sitka, and Petsmart for these influencers will help bring the financial resources and legislative attention to this activity that it needs to improve it. OnX and gohunt can probably get in the action with more shed hunting specific layers. All becuase they love public land of course. All proceeds will go back to public lands, no financial gain to be had by anyone of course. Only by getting more shed hunters onto federal land will we be in a position to help and save shed hunting on public land. Dont forget promo code Andy at check out.
Lmao, +1.
I'm all for taking away monetization of hunting videos but there's no ethical or feasible way to do it. We've reached influencer saturation that once helped hunting but is now hurting it.

BGnight

FNG
Lmao, +1.
I'm all for taking away monetization of hunting videos but there's no ethical or feasible way to do it. We've reached influencer saturation that once helped hunting but is now hurting it. I've actually gone as far to unsub, not like, and not comment on channels I like even though I still watch them. Not to punish them personally, but as a protest to the over monetization of hunting.

TheTone

WKR
Harassing animals to drop antlers should be criminally punished and we should all do our part to help wardens enforce this by reporting these a-holes. With that said, ethical shed hunting shouldn't be regulated. I live in NV and we now have a "shed season". It's retarded. So the logical solution for me is to go "shed scouting" before the season opens. Heck, a popular YouTuber (shedcrazy) actually makes videos of himself going out pre season in NV and marking sheds. He's obviously mocking the new law. Make stupid laws, get stupid results.

fwiw I'm a new shed hunter and find it very enjoyable. However, I've never sold an antler and even if I do it's not even a small part of why I love it.
He’s among the worst. I’ve yet to see how anyone finds him interesting. I’m beyond disappointed in the companies that sponsor him

WKR
I live in NV and we now have a "shed season". It's retarded. So the logical solution for me is to go "shed scouting" before the season opens.

Many areas of Wyoming where shed hunting is popular are closed for critical winter range until May 1.

WKR
I just started a related thread with updates and additional proposals on the conservation forum. I thought maybe it fit better there.