Wyoming season changes and restrictions

I can’t help but think they want to keep churning non residents through the draw to help with point creep regardless of winter kill. Last year G took 10 points for 100% odds in the regular draw. If they keep 400 tags in G that’s 400 less people with 10+ points.

Unintended consequences of that might be that high tags in G after a bad winter means that a high percentage of the only mature bucks left will get taken, then in a couple years quality will reduce drastically due to missing age groups, then more people in that higher point pool will jump over to H like they already are to hunt the same “lesser” class deer for less points and then H point creep will sky rocket as unintended consequences of high tags in G… I might be way out in left field here—just thinking out loud.

Laramie

WKR
On a bright note I had a buddy drive through one of the harder hit areas this past weekend. He said they hadn't seen anything alive in a couple of months but on this trip they saw quite a few adult deer and antelope on some areas that were starting to open up and they looked fairly healthy. At least some animals found pockets of food.

I'm most curious how G and H moving to a 15 day season will impact things. I'd imagine more guys then ever will be up there the week before the opener trying to find something to put to bed and kill on the opener. Losing a third of the season is going to make those areas feel much more crowded this year and a worse experience for those that draw imo.

I'm most curious how G and H moving to a 15 day season will impact things. I'd imagine more guys then ever will be up there the week before the opener trying to find something to put to bed and kill on the opener. Losing a third of the season is going to make those areas feel much more crowded this year and a worse experience for those that draw imo.
In my experience, if you go out there in late September/early October on those early opener units, it's a frigging ghost town. From what I've seen, folks stack up against the front of that opener and peter out before the month ends anyway...but I could certainly be wrong in some of the most popular areas.