Wyoming region D

choovhntr

WKR
Planning on hunting region d this year. I know there are a lot of access problems due to private land and a lot of hunting pressure beer roads. Anyone have any info for off the beaten path hunting in this region. Will only have about 2 days before the opener to scout. So any additional help would be much appreciated.
Thanks, Clayton

ssliger

WKR
Have you narrowed down what area in region D you would like to hunt? Are you hunting archery or rifle? The deer numbers have been real bad in the past, but I saw some promising signs last year. There are definitely ways to get away from roads in parts of the region.

OP
choovhntr

choovhntr

WKR
Thinking about north of chalk mountain but still pretty open to ideas. We are rifle hunting this time around, although it sounds like the archery season may be netter

I have never personally hunted deer in Region D but usually hunt Region J the southern portion every year with good success. This is the deer we harvested last year in J but really close to D.

Last edited:
OP
choovhntr

choovhntr

WKR
Wow beautiful buck. I Hope to run into a buck of that caliber this year but not expecting it