Wyoming over run with Elk

WCB

WKR
Friends and family or an outfitter's hunters sound like a reasonable approach but suggesting a landowner allow the general public on their land is not. Your opinion of the general public is higher than mine. I've helped clean up the trash piles and put out campfires left around gut piles by the "general public".

I don't think all or even most ranchers are doing the complaining. The ranchers with high numbers have outfitter agreements or their family hunts the ranch. There are ranches that allow no hunting period, become elk sanctuaries and they are the most vocal about elk damage and expect a handout.
I'm not saying unlimited free for all....They have to allow so many days. Can be ran like block management where they have to check in at the ranch HQ. Or why not make a list and have a shooting requirement like places have for city deer removal. Take a class on safety and marksmanship then go on a list for hunts. Cow only.

And also, landowners must not be great at dealing with outfitters because they can literally require the outfitter to kill X amount of cows before any bulls are killed.