Wyoming leftover tags

My buddies and I decided last minute to try for antelope this year. We missed the draw, and have been waiting on this to post.

Here is what is leftover to save folks from looking.

Unit license leftover tags

29 2 43

2 2 362

23 2 1072

19 1 12

10 1 148

3 1 4

We are hunting public, and unit 23 appears to have a fair amount, but it appears a lot of it is un accessible. Unit 2 appears to be more accessible. We are pretty green on this, so anyone who has advise, we would appreciate hearing it. I don't care about size, but I would like a decent chance of filling 3 tags in a week.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm not going to look it up for you but you'll need to check the boundaries of those type 2 licenses because they aren't unit wide tags. Usually when theirs leftover type 2 tags that means they aren't great and encompass mostly private lands.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Bryan B

FNG
A hunt on private with the Type 2 tags would be o.k but you will pay for access,

IMO, I wouldn't bother with the Type 1 tags on public in 3, 10, or 19. I would start planning for next year.

You have to wait until tomorrow to see what’s left over this year. I think you’re looking at 2019

joelbiltz

WKR
23 type 2 is a private land only tag. As is most type 2 tags. Each are area specific and some specify within 1/2 mile of irrigated fields as well. I know as I’ve hunted with that 23 type 2 tag last two years and will again this year. Access is very difficult. Good luck.

Beaglegun

Lil-Rokslider
Unless you get an outfitter, any type 2 licenses are no good because they are private land only. I am new also but I have made several phone calls. I believe it is unlikely that you can even pay a tresspass fee. I'm told outfitters have booked all these areas. I believe you must get type 1 licenses and walk your azz off and find public land not being hammered. I called WGFD and the area biologist and the area game warden for advise before I applied. They are all great help

Beaglegun

Lil-Rokslider
There are also leftover bull elk tags in difficult to access areas and cow tags in not to difficult to access areas.
Also deer tags in difficult to access areas