Wyoming hunters

whitingja

WKR
Is the rut on yet in your hunting areas in Wyoming? I went out opening weekend in the Encampment area and heard a good amount of bugling. Went last weekend and heard nothing...it was raining alot. What are you guys finding? Are the bulls hearded up with cows in your area? Bugling? I am heading out on the 25th, and just hoping I am not going to miss the bugling and rut activities. Thanks.

dmjojump

FNG
Just got back from the Saratoga area, they started bugling again after the rain and they are starting to gather cows from what I saw.

OP
W

whitingja

WKR
Got back on a day hunt with my son. Heard about 8 bugles. Nothing aggressive. Saw a cow with its calf alone. Weird. Not herded up yet. Heading out on Wednesday for 4 days. Well see

Ethan S.

Lil-Rokslider
Last week they hadn't really started in northwest Wyoming. Little bulls were coming to any call and Bugling some but the big boys were still off hanging by themselves. Should be going good by the end of this week.

kamcgraw

Lil-Rokslider
I was in western Wyoming on the 6th for a 10 day hunt. Bulls were lighting up like crazy. The hunt ended after only 3 days with both my buddy and I killing bulls.

BigDog00

WKR
I was in the Big Horns yesterday and didn't hear or see a single elk. I talked with another hunter and he said they were talking a little last week but the hunting was tough due to the rain. I am planning on hunting the last weekend and will hopefully have a little better luck.

blb078

WKR
I was in South/Central WY this past week, probably about an hour or so East of Encampment. The rain at the beginning of the week kept them quiet. Mid week there was a little talking at night and just around day light, but not a lot. By the end of the week it was silent again. I did manage to get in on two different bulls, just couldn't get within that last 40 or so yards before being busted, both of them came into cow calling silent though, nothing responded to bugles. Saw a couple cows and that was about it, all of this happened w/in 3 days after the rain stopping. Coming out I saw another hunting who said they were going crazy an hour or so south of were I was. I'll be back out there the last couple days of archery and then I'll be a member of the orange army if things don't work out w/the bow.

crumy

WKR
Last week was hunting in Western WY South of yellowstone. We heard some the night of the 13th but that was about it. on the 19th heard two bulls but that is about it. Ended up getting a 5x5 but saw plenty of cows that were by themselves.