Wyoming G or H ????

OP
M
I hunted G this year. It was a good hunt and I killed a nice buck. I wish I hadn't waited though. There's grizzly bears in both units but much more in H. I think the hunting should be pretty comparable.
Yes grizzlies Is one of the main reasons I was considering splitting my points.

How many grizzlies have been confirmed spotted in G? Like 1 ever. Nobody down there gives that a thought. As far as H, maybe in the northern part of the region.

I hunted G this year. It was a good hunt and I killed a nice buck. I wish I hadn't waited though. There's grizzly bears in both units but much more in H. I think the hunting should be pretty comparable.
How about a couple pictures of your buck. Were you guided?

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
How many grizzlies have been confirmed spotted in G? Like 1 ever. Nobody down there gives that a thought. As far as H, maybe in the northern part of the region.
The biologist and a few locals I talked to have seen grizzlies. Brian latturner saw one this year while scouting. They're there. Not a ton of them but I would at least try and keep a clean camp. I scouted it with a friend I met on here and hunted solo.
I also happened into an area where a significant percentage of the trees had been torn up by a bear. Hard to say if it was a grizzly or not but I didn't sleep good there after killing my deer and having it hanging in a tree semi near my camp.

Attachments

• 20220920_194050 (1).jpg
    20220920_194050 (1).jpg
    629.2 KB · Views: 235
  • Screenshot_20221202_172204_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20221202_172204_Gallery.jpg
    380.1 KB · Views: 228
It’s always the pro ecosystem guys who want to believe there are grizzlies everywhere that the range map shows. I’ve hunted G from the Snake River down to LaBarge and know outfitters and guides in all of that. We kill elk at last light, pack quarters in the dark, cook and eat in the same tents we sleep in and a bear never enters our minds. Of all those people and friends from Jackson, Kemmerer, and Alpine none have seen a big bear or even sign. Nice buck! Congratulations.

Hunted both many times. Semi comparable. Maybe you’ll spot a bigger one in G or maybe it could be in H. Lots of areas to pick from in both.

Ask yourself this: will you hold your buddy back? Will your buddy hold you back? Make sure it’s a good buddy that meets your expectations and lay those
Expectations out up front.

Maybe another buddy will want to go but not hunt, so you can do G.

Only you know this answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 197

rolocasi

FNG
Its hard to make such a decision, I think most are pointing you to go G. I am one under max in WY for deer (2 under max for elk), same as you screwed up one year, but I am not ready to cash in yet. Would love to hear how it goes if you go G. Most folks I have spoken to have said to me that unless you have max, than G is a no brainer. Best of luck! Great advice already given above.

Archer86

WKR
One more question.Does it seem more locals gravitate to G. Or a lot of them head to H also.
Residents won't be your issue with pressure. It will be nr most nr that get the deer tags are going to dedicate alot of time to these hunts and there will also be nr general elk tags in there also, residents for the most part will hunt long weekedends most of the time thats what I experienced this last year. And that's what I did for the most part. Don't be super concerned with grizz in h they are there but it's not a super high concentration unless you are further North in the region. I have been all over h on foot 2 summers ago and now on horses this last summer and have yet to see a sign of a grizz.

bgipson

FNG
Go G and find ya a buddy (or 2) willing to help who won't have a tag. Camp and a deer becomes an awful daunting packout 4+ miles back in; make that 2 deer and you're not making it in 1 trip.

I packed way too many animals way too many miles in this country this fall to not suggest splitting less animals between more people.