Wyoming elk unit 37

Rd7fox

FNG
Looks like this is as good a place to start as anywhere to meet some new people and talk elk hunting. I retired and that allowed me to elk hunt the first 2 years. Killed an elk both years and figured it was time to take one in archery season. Spent the next 3 years trying to get a shot without success. haha This is not as easy as I thought.
Anyway, I have spent many days scouting and hunting in Wyoming units 10 and 12. If anyone has some basic information on unit 37 and would like to trade for my experience in 10 or 12, I would be glad to talk with you.

Thanks to any members that might be interested.

4rcgoat

WKR
Only suggestion I can give is get there as early in the season as you can,lots of elk but they run off the mountain and on to private land real fast!

Elktaco

Lil-Rokslider
Best bet in this unit is to draw the type 9 tag and hunt Sept 1st to 14th. After that there will be a ton of general tag hunters flooding the area.

ive been through the unit on the north end during the general sesson deer hunt. i would work the edge of the 37/38 high country. every damn local is up in 38 during the general season. for a limited entry elk tag i would be pretty upset with all the pressure. 37 had nearly zero hunters in comparison. but also no elk tracks on 9 miles of fresh snow covered fs roads

Can anyone share their 37 Type 9 experience/expectations? It looks like I could draw it as a special license this year and looking to insert a few new elk tags in the next few years.