Wyoming Buck

OP
D

david long

Thanks guys for all the nice comments!

shredder, thanks for packing out my camp:)

Never had time to lay a tape on him. Got back to town at 10:30 pm and had to be at work the next morning so I had to drop him off at the taxidermist. Guessing a solid 180.

Work and renovating a house are what has kept me from getting out in the field this year. Still hopeful I can squeeze in an Idaho mule deer hunt.

Wow, that's a great buck!

When is that second book coming out, anyway? I feel like I've been waiting for a few years

huntwest

Lil-Rokslider
Leaving for wyoming next Friday. I would love a chance at anything close to a deer like that. Congrats David.

OP
D

david long

Thanks everyone. Had a great time with my brother. Been a few years since we have spent any amount of time together.

Also, this is the first buck I have taken with a rifle in about seven years.....I can say this, I have missed rifle hunting. Archery hunting is fun, but whacking a hard horned muley with a rifle just fires me up!

Heading to Idaho in 12 days for my last mule deer hunt of the year. It is a general tag and will be tough hunting, but looking forward to it! I will have seven days to get it done and then back to work.

OP
D

david long

Thanks guys. Much appreciated. Packing my gear for Idaho right now.