wyoming antelope hunt...? no points, non res.

Hunt30

Lil-Rokslider
As others have said, the south and western part of the state got hammered with winter kill last year. Also, tags generally get easier to draw the further north and east you go, due to the fact that there is less public and more private land. With the new price of the special permit fee in Wyoming, buck tags in the east central and north east part of the state will be much easier to get if you’re willing to pay the price. Additionally, as has also been mentioned, if you can get a doe tags in the same areas, knock some doors and I’m sure a 23 year old girl can get some access to some private.

As someone who hunts several western states each year, I understand that it can be difficult and confusing to know where to start and how things work in unfamiliar places. If you want general information on how Wyoming’s system works and how best to go about starting to hunt there, feel free to contact me via pm and I’d be happy to help out.

Last edited:

Kurts86

WKR
At this point Wyoming Pronghorn hunts are a once every 3-5 year hunt for nonresidents with units that have fair amounts of public land.

I’ve done these hunts regularly for a decade and the landscape has changed drastically. Leftover tags from 2015 are now 3 point units. There is more interest and lots fewer tags due to harsh winters. Doe tags are hardly a thing anymore, they are just as hard to draw as a buck tag in a given unit. Quite frankly no one should be killing pronghorn does in Wyoming right now regardless of if that tags are available.

The 0 point pronghorn hunt on public land that cost under $1k all in is now a thing of the past or requires a fair amount of luck. You either need to spend $2500 to secure private access via an outfitter, fork over for $1,100 special draw, or build 3-5 points for the $300 tag.

25% of the Wyoming draw is random so you do stand a chance even with no points but the odds are long in the regular pool or you get better random odds in the 4 figure pronghorn tag pool.

Mojave

WKR
You might as well just apply for a tag in an area with good access, public land and a lot of tags.

Better to have no hunt than have a hunt where you are fighting land owners the entire trip.