Wy region G or LQ?

Ill be watching from the side lines this year which will give me 1 pt going into the 2014 season. I want to hunt region g again but I'm thinking about holding out for a few more years and trying a LQ unit. Anyone have any experiences in any of wyomings LQ units? Are they worth a 5-6 year wait? I have so many thoughts going through my head I don't know what I want to do! Feel free to pm me if you don't want to make something public. Thanks for any input.

Straight6

FNG
One thing to keep in mind, it may take 5-6 points now in most LQ units, but there is a bit of point creep taking place in Wyoming, lots of people just sitting on points right now, and a few jumping into the draw each year it seems. Those units in 5-6 years can easily jump to around 8-10 points to draw. As for quality, depends on the LQ unit. You may not have much better odds at a big deer in most LQ units in Wyoming right now as opposed to taking your chances on G or H and spending the time scouting to try to locate a big one.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
straight6 says it right.

That is the problem with LQ now in most states. Too many hunters sitting on sidelines building points waiting for a hot spot. I predict odds are only going to continue to worsen across the west in the good units. 10-20 years to draw a hunt that's worth about 5 years. I'd lean, and do, towards easier to draw units you can actually hunt once in a while.