WY Elk unit 7

Hey guys,

I drew a WY unit 7 elk tag and was wondering what your thoughts were regarding the archery season. I've heard the rifle season can be a bit crowded but how bad is the pressure during the archery hunt? Are the elk super vocal? I plan on scouting the unit this summer any suggestions on areas to concentrate on would be very appreciated Thanks!

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've been in 7. Lots of people and lots of access. Be prepared to get off the beaten path. Lots of animals, you just have to get to them!

gil_wy

Lil-Rokslider
I have to disagree somewhat on access... Mostly private land in that area... and 5000 tags puts a lot of people on the limited public land... The big chunks of public get pounded pretty hard even during archery season, I would say there are 10x the number of archery hunters compared to even 6 or 7 years ago but you can still find a great place to hunt... Scout a lot and come up with multiple plans... I ended up with plan F because the first 5 spots were overrun with hunters... and 2 of those spots were 5 miles back in... Seems everyone backpack hunts these days... Best of luck...

OP
B
Hey guys, thanks for all the private messages, I really appreciate your help I'll be sure to post some scouting pics this summer!