Wts bikini frame with custom bag setup

Jesseb

WKR
Kifaru 24" bikini frame with small belt, normal profile composite stays, highlander in overall good condition. The main bag is made of a new fabric that is actually not available on the market yet. It is like x-pac x33, only without the "X" ply, its coyote instead of multicam, and the PET layer is .75mil instead of .5mil. So it is cordura 330d nylon with .75mil PET liner. This is something that many people wish Dimension Polyant would do but they have not. This fabric was put out by one of there competitors to test the waters and I lucked into a couple yards of it. This stuff is seam tapable if you want it to be a true 100% waterproof bag. I put cuben fiber tape over the bartacs for the daisy chain to seal those, but you would have to do the seams themselves if you want them done. Personally I don't think it is necessary. The main bag is roll top access only with my special way of attaching to the top of the frame that does not require undoing the load lifter straps. This and the lower delta strap is all that physically attached the bag to the frame. The 3 compression straps are independent of the bag so they can be used with or without the bag. This way you can strap down a load without the bag if you want. All webbing is milspec and all buckles are ITW with exception of the lid buckles which are duraflex as the lid was originally designed for my Exo K2 frame. Lid is pretty much a copy of the Exo only it is made out of coyote x-pac vx21 so it is both lighter weight(only 3.7oz with buckles) and made of waterproof material(had problems with my Exo wetting through, it's wet here in Oregon sometimes!) uses a #5 ykk waterproof zipper with nice zipper garages. the main bag has nice pockets for a water bottle or whatever else you may need. Or stuff your rifle stock down into one for the hike in or out. The pockets are oversized and use user replaceable shock cord and itw cordlocs for adjustability. Main bag is 3200cu/in as pictured or with minimal roll to seal about 3500cu/in. Lid is 300-400cu/in. Side pockets add just a bit more. Main bag weighs only 13oz. This bikini frame, bag, lid, and all compression straps/buckles weighs only 3lbs 15oz!! The webbing attachment clips are my custom designed and in house cnc machined and black anodized 6061 aluminum(I own a CAD design and CNC machining business) They are .125" thick and very strong and half the weight of G hooks. There is probably more that I am missing and this is a sweet setup that I am only looking to sell complete at this point for $450tyd. Bag and lid are brand new, never used and frame is clean.
IMG_5049.jpg
IMG_5050.jpg
IMG_5055.jpg
IMG_5053.jpg
IMG_5061.jpg

Morning bump

I also have this setup that I could sell without a frame. This is a 2 bag setup with what I would call a camp bag and a day pack. I can do a week long hunting trip with this setup and maybe more. Both bags are a conservative 2000cu/in each. The black bag is a glorified dry sack with my quick attach setup for the top of the frame. Otherwise it is compressed in place with the main bag. The black bag is made of x-pac x21 which is seam tapeable if you want true 100% waterproof. I use this bag to hold sleeping bag, tarp/bivy, food etc. when I get to camp, this bag comes off. The main bag is held on with my special frame hooks and uses only ladderlocs to adjust. If you want to remove it you either unthread the ladderlocs or remove the hooks at the frame. The bag has a built in load sling that uses quick attach ladderlocs on the frame(those will come with it) the load sling can be sucked all the way up when not in use or dropped down to use its full 9-10". The top of the bag has the same frame attachment method. Has a top pocket about 300cu/in to organize things you need quick access to. Both zippers are #8 ykk waterproof zippers. Material is coyote vx21 x-pac with exception of bottom panel which is cordura 500d for abrasion resistance. Side water bottle pockets are also cordura 500d. X-pac material is more expensive and a bit more difficult to work with but well worth it imho. It is truly waterproof material and much better then regular cordura. The coyote bag is made of the "soft hand" material that is very quiet. This is the bag you would have as a day pack while hunting. It's slim and trim with plenty of storage at about 2200cu/in. This complete setup on my black bikini frame weighs 3lbs 12oz. Not bad for over 4000cu/in. I think it was 7oz for black bag and 13oz for the coyote bag and straps. $175 tyd.

IMG_5063.jpg

IMG_5064.jpg

IMG_5065.jpg

IMG_5067.jpg

IMG_5068.jpg

Package 2 sold. I have lots of inquiries for bag setup 1 without the frame. If anyone is interested in just the frame, I may split it up.

Bags should work on the duplex as well though they were designed and built on a bikini and I do not have a duplex to try them on. I can do $235tyd for the kryptek highlander bikini frame(details in OP) and I would do $230 tyd for the bag and lid with all straps/hardware. I will give the guys that already pm'ed about the split first crack and then move on to new buyers if they pass. As for the material the main bag is made from, it does have a PET plastic film liner so, like the x33 or x42 fabric that Seek Outside uses, it does have a crinkly noise to it, but there are a multitude of posts on here discussing that and how it does not seem to be an issue for anybody who uses it. I will take this fabric or xpac over pu coated cordura any day.

Ttt

Also forgot another cool feature of bag setup 2 (though now sold) the accessory center compression strap can be used to lash a load straight the frame, or remove the buckle and the straps become shoulder straps to wear the pack without the frame. Additional over the top compression straps thread onto that removed buckle and become a hip belt. Makes a nice lightweight daypack for scouting trips etc. using straps that are already part of the package. Prices now included for bag #1 and frame seperately, see above post

IMG_5076.jpg

IMG_5073.jpg

Ttt. First package still available. This is an awesome pack. Over 3500cu/in between bag and lid and only 1.3lbs with all compression straps, buckles and hooks. And waterproof fabric, no rain cover necessary

Ttt. Thought frame was sold but seems to have fallen through.

$235 tyd for highlander frame 24" normal back composite stays, small belt.

$200 tyd for bag, lid and all compression straps. 1.3lbs for nearly 4000cu/in and truly waterproof material.

Back