WTB (WTB) XL Puffy Jacket

Primal-Understanding

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for an XL Puffy Jacket. Would prefer it be in a solid earth tone color and have around 5 oz of fill.

Something like a Sitka Kelvin Lite, SKRE Ptarmigan, Stone Glacier Grumman, Arcteryx Thorium/ Cerium, etc.

Let me know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Chett09

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
check out decathlon forclaz mt 100. i ordered 1 yesterday. supposedly is top notch for under $100. Check out the reviews.

OP
Primal-Understanding

Primal-Understanding

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[mention]Chett09 [/mention] That actually looks pretty good. Doesnt list fill amount. Probably like 3 oz?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chett09

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks like 800 fill power and 3.5 oz for the xl. i watched a few video reviews and it looks like you have to size up a size or 2. I think this brand is popular in the hiking world. if it lives up to the hype i think it will be an awesome jacket. i did see you may want to use a water proof treatment on it as it is not very water resistant. Seeing as it is well under half the price as some puffy's i had to give it a look.

mcimes

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The Trek100 is nearly identical to a MH Ghost Whisperer2 in warmth and is only ~3oz heavier for less than $100. Size up at least 1 size to get to the equivalent US size, and 2 sizes if you want room for layers. Its Euro sizing. Im a wuss in the cold, but only find the GW warm to the mid-high 40s static.

The Trek 900 is box baffled and warm to the low teens static. Also very affordable. equivalent to the Montbell Alpine.

Decathalon lists their fill weights for each size which is nice.

Another option is to order from Montbell Japan. The $/Yen is at $1/145y right now, whcih makes an Alpine Light (4.8oz down, sewn thru) or the Alpine (7oz down, box baffle) right in your budget range and are very high quality and light. en.montbell.jp/ Double check sizing, as JP sizing is different. Also US sizing is available too, so make sure what you are ordering if going this route.

unclerichie724

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have an XL First Lite Chamberlin in dry earth for sale. Probably more fill than you want though.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk