Wood stove winnerwell vs seek outside

boliver29

Lil-Rokslider
What’s everyone’s opinion. I like the way winnerwell fast fold goes together with no screws. Is one or the other built better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WMR

FNG
I have the SO XL that came with my tipi. It’s OK. I wish it were more airtight and quicker to assemble. I’d look at a folding stove if I were buying again. Still, mine works well enough. All it has to do is hold a fire, and it does.

mouri010

FNG
I just burned in my winnerwell and setting it up was insanely easy. First time I’ve ever held seen a titanium stove in person and it went up in less than 2 minutes. I feel like that will be an invaluable benefit when your fingers are frozen

Wrench

WKR
I sold my lite outdoors and kifaru stoves after the winnerwell showed up in my life. It's not as big as the lite nor as light....but it's fast, solid and basically perfect....except for the country of origin.

I sold my lite outdoors and kifaru stoves after the winnerwell showed up in my life. It's not as big as the lite nor as light....but it's fast, solid and basically perfect....except for the country of origin.
Nice so you like it better than the previous stoves you had?

Slugz

WKR
Gents with the experience here.
What size Winnerwell would you put in a SO Redcliff ? I'm guessing the fast fold Titanium would do the job.

Thanks

I have a Winnerwell Med Woodlander (bombproof 💣) for truck camping and a SO u-turn for camping out of a pack.

If I could only have one stove it would be a Winnerwell Titanium. Tip: If you're a newbie to Ti stoves, be sure to include the weight of the stove pipe and hardware when evaluating. I think Winnerwell suffers for not listing the stove box weight independent of the pipe on their site.

Note that I do NOT personally deem the SO hardware assembly (threaded bolts, wing nuts...) as difficult - it's a slick system. However, a competitive advantage of the Winnerwell Ti is that you DON'T have to keep track of the parts.

OP: Winnerwell is more durable, foolproof.

Slugs: Yes, a Winnerwell Ti would be plenty for backpack use. If not venturing far could get the extended Ti.

Hope this helps! :)

Slugz

WKR
Little comparison data dive today. Pipe included

SO Large U turn 8.2 x 8.2 x 14 / 2.3 lbs
SO Large STD 8.2 x 8.2 x 14 / 3.1 lbs
SO SXL 8.2 x 10.2 x 14 / 3.5 lbs

WW FF Ti 7 x 9 x 15 / 4lbs
WW FF Ti Plus 12 x 10 x 21 / 7 lbs

Mannsbuick

Lil-Rokslider
Where are these made? Please don’t say China, I am very curious though. I have a Tigoat titanium vortex box stove that is badass!!! I just wish it was bigger lol

*zap*

WKR
No issues with the SO medium at all. Works great for me. If I am vehicle camping I have a Kni-co trekker made from 22 gauge cold rolled steel which is bigger but does not break down for transporting...it has served me well also.

Just Got my SO stove a few days ago look forward to setting it up in my Redcliff this weekend for a test run. Will be watching this thread.

Slugz

WKR
Burned in my Winnerwell yesterday. Very please with it. Set up time is insane and no parts to lose. Love ut

Pic is Winnerwell Ultra Light Ti at 2.2# - shows complete assembly of parts with stovepipe bag.

Attachments

• IMG_2632.jpeg
    IMG_2632.jpeg
    412.4 KB · Views: 24