Wondering about Nevada tags

fire652

WKR
My brother lives in Vegas and I am thinking about planning a hunt in Nevada next year. He is not s hunter but enjoys backpacking. His show goes dark in October then the first week in November any Otc permits that I might be able to bow hunt during those times or any draws I could put in for. Would it be better to drive to another state. Thanks for any info

Calbuck

WKR
I would look at OTC tags in Arizona in December..Nevada doesn't offer "OTC" tags. They have leftovers from some of the undersubscribed archery hunts, but they are mostly in Aug-Sept timeframe.

Zbot

WKR
101-109 late archery hunt would be in that time frame, plus all the rifle hunt for deer and cow elk.

Calbuck

WKR
If you're a non-resident there are no guarantees in Nevada. It's either draw if you are lucky or buy leftovers. Based on the brother living in Las Vegas is my reasoning for looking at Arizona OTC archery..not that far to drive and a real guarantee that you will be able to hunt. Basing next years plans on the Nevada draw is a tough proposition.

Kawabunga

Lil-Rokslider
I recently moved here and am looking into drawing this season as a resident, really want to get into the backpacking also so researching a lot. Also have been hunting AZ for awhile even before I lived here but my wife has family here and used to live here so would fly into Vegas and drive to AZ. Pretty easy drive to be hunting in AZ just gotta figure out the areas, fun hunting.
Good luck.