Women’s Hunting/Hiking boot

Newbie to the sight and I’ve searched and read some threads on women’s boots and didn’t find many posts. We will be traveling to Oregon this fall for a spot and stalk bear hunt and I’m looking for a pair of boots that will do me well for that. I do need some ankle support. My boyfriend loves his Crispis so I’ve looked at their women's line. The closest REI and Scheels is about 4.5 hours away so we are talking about making a trip up this spring, I just don’t have a good starting point as far as what I will need and be comfortable. What boots do you or your wife love and have lasted?

sndmn11

WKR
Maybe @KickinNDishin will chime in. She has a pair of Schnee's Timberlines that she has never complained about and has packed a handful of animals with me blister free and without slips/falls. She did end up using some Altras to rifle hunt with last season because she broke some toes the week before. She has some Hoffman pac boots for cold as well. https://www.rokslide.com/exo-mountain-gear-k4-exs-pack-system/

I think if funds allow, it would be a good idea to buy at least two pair from somewhere with a good return policy. I believe Schnee's and Hoffman do. That would allow you to decide what is comfortable for you and what you prefer. You might find that the typical stiff mountain boot causes you blisters and aches, or it snuggles your feet in bliss.

@Schnee's has a good selection of women's boots that should cover any sole flex preferences.

@Hoffman Boots has a newer women's specific boot.

@Tanya Avery probably has some good insight as well.

Last edited:
I just use men's boots and throw the women's superfeet into them...our arch is different for the same length foot versus a mans and that works for me. I do have a very wide forefoot though.

Scarpa Zodiac, Crispi and Zamberlan....although Zamberlan does make womens boots too so maybe look at that if your foot is a normal width or narrow. The Scarpa Zodiac and Zodiac Tech have a narrow heel and a wide forefoot and fit my feet like a glove. In Crispi for the men's boots I prefer the Valdres or the Lapponia for a similar fit although Scarpa's are more form fitting. I hear the Crispi Summits and Briksdal might be more narrow. Depends on the length of your foot if you can do men's boots with a women's insole but it can be worth a shot - maybe order the correct length superfeet insole and then try a bunch of boots? If you try them inside you can order a couple different and then return what does not work.

Hope some of that helps, good luck!

I have a pair of Hoffman's for the extreme cold, like the last few days and late fall/early winter. During mid-fall and not extreme cold, I wear Schnees Timberline. During the summer I wear Salomon.