Women's Elk Hunting Boot

treillw

WKR
Any recommendations for a good women's elk hunting boot? Was thinking about the Crispi Grand Paradiso for my wife. She currently has the Kenetrek Mountain Extreme 400. I've been wearing the Crispi Hunters for three years now.

I notice that her feet are usually very sweaty and wet compared to mine. I know the Kenetrek has double the insulation of mine, but we have been hunting in some pretty cold weather lately and she gets cold pretty easily too. I don't think they breathe as well as my boots. They also have started to leak, so that is definitely not helping things either at times.

My buddy has told me that his Kenetreks have a very slippery sole and he is sliding all over the place anytime things get wet. Anybody else seen this? I do notice that she slips a lot more than I do. I've always chalked it up to less experience crawling through the mountains though.

Boot Criteria:
1. Must have Goretex
2. Temperature - she has used her Kenetreks from archery season to rifle season glassing on the mountain top with wind chills dropping the mercury to 20 below.
3. Have chased elk up to 23 miles through the mountains in a day

Thanks!

I pulled up the Crispi GP, Kenetrek, and Schnee’s Beartooth II pages and let my wife pick. She went with the Beartooths I’m pretty sure based on looks. We were looking for an insulated boot. She’s a small woman and gets cold easily.

She’s worn them a ton this season and really loves them. Her elk season was first rifle here in Colorado and temps ranged from 60s down to the teens and her feet were never mentioned or considered.

We just got back from northern Minnesota whitetail hunting sitting in a stand all day. Temps got down in the teens. She did finally say that she wanted something a little warmer next year for long cold sits but if there is hiking mixed in she’s fine.

She also wore them twice to Wyoming. One trip was amazingly warm, like into the 70s. She fared fine. The next trip she went by herself and it was in the teens and she said her feet never got cold unless she had been sitting for a long while and even then it wasn’t worth making any changes.

Other than that there’s a 400 acre dog park by our house and she’s logged countless miles in them there since July (it was hot, don’t recommend) up to today in a driving snow storm in the 20s.

They fit her true to size and she has room to go all out on sock thickness if need be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk