Womans Bow Advice

nn76858

FNG
My wife has decided she wants to start shooting a bow as my sons and I practice quite a bit. I would like to find a great all around bow to set up for a female shooter. She may eventually hunt with it but just looking to get her shooting. Something with good adjustability and that I can set up to hunt if needed. I am not brand loyal I shoot a bow tech realm ss that I love. No experience with women's bows any advice and opinions would be greatly appreciated.

dtrkyman

WKR
Many solid options these days, looking high end, Bowtech Eva Shockey, Elite Allure are really nice!

On a budget look at Diamond.

In my experience starting them off at no more than 30lb draw weight is a good idea!

I just got my wife a bowtec carbon zion. She loves it. Don't get sucked into just "women's bows". You just need adjustablility. A few of the Bears are super adjustable and perform very well for a decent price point as well.

yeti12

Lil-Rokslider
My girlfriend is shooting an elite ember. Once she showed some serious intrest she got a drop away rest and it's very accurate now. The adjustability is fantastic and she likes the teal color. It'll work until she decides to get really really serious.

Marble

WKR
My best advice is to get her to a shop that has multiple bows. Have her shoot them. Let her choose. You can guide her towards a few, but let her choose.

I did this with my wife and she went to the shop three times before she chose. Each time, she narrowed it down and chose one.

She shoots pretty dang well when she practices. I also worked her in to shooting a hingeand that made all the difference. She still shoots it when she hunts, and even though she shoots really slow, she shoots really well.

We shoot multiple tournaments now. She ended up getting a target bow eventually, and changing setups from 3d to hunting is now really easy.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

BowNP

FNG
I know this isn’t one of the “main” bow companies but I started with a Winchester youth bow when I was 12. I killed many deer with that thing at a fairly low poundage until I eventually upgraded to my PSE. Not necessarily a “women’s” bow but I figured it may still work well since it’s a youth. It was light, cheap, and plenty to kill a deer at 30 yards. Only complaint I remember is it had a squishy back wall, but that’s how it is with intro bows

Legend

WKR
My wife has decided she wants to start shooting a bow as my sons and I practice quite a bit. I would like to find a great all around bow to set up for a female shooter. She may eventually hunt with it but just looking to get her shooting. Something with good adjustability and that I can set up to hunt if needed. I am not brand loyal I shoot a bow tech realm ss that I love. No experience with women's bows any advice and opinions would be greatly appreciated.
I would avoid any bow that has a huge range of adjustability. Like the ones that go from 20 to 70lbs. My bow had a Diamond and then we went to Matthews Prima and it was night and day.