WTB Wolfranger is a scammer

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Not sure how you paid but I worked with my credit card before and received a full refund when scammed over PayPal f&f in a very similar situation.

Even if the funds were sent using your debit/checking account, it would be worth calling your bank.
Yeah, your bank will have no issue reversing the charges. It seriously ticks PayPal off, they freak out and freeze your account but in the end you've got your money back. I had to do that long ago from an eBay scam. PayPal wasn't happy but I told them go ahead and collect it from the scammer. They froze my account for like two years lol.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Use paypal goods and services. This gives you recourse if the item never shows. Offer to pay the fee for the seller. If they have some reason they don't want you to do that, its a good indicator.
Not anymore, lots of regular sellers aren't taking G&S anymore due to the $600 tax thing.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not anymore, lots of regular sellers aren't taking G&S anymore due to the $600 tax thing.
G&S? I'm new, is this the new tax law? Are you saying people probably won't want to use official services like PayPal to avoid having to put them on their taxes?

My bad if I'm totally off base

Matt G.

WKR
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I hate scammers! Always use the FG goods and services when purchasing. FaceTime with the item in hand. As annoying as it is I like how FB freezes money until the item arrived.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
G&S? I'm new, is this the new tax law? Are you saying people probably won't want to use official services like PayPal to avoid having to put them on their taxes?

My bad if I'm totally off base
Correct. If you have $600+ worth of transactions on PayPal, venmo, eBay, etc. where you are a "seller", a 1099 will be generated.

From a sellers perspective, a buyer offering to pay the fees for G&S is no longer an option. I only deal in checks, money orders, Zelle, or paypal F&F. Never have a problem selling my stuff either.

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Correct. If you have $600+ worth of transactions on PayPal, venmo, eBay, etc. where you are a "seller", a 1099 will be generated.

From a sellers perspective, a buyer offering to pay the fees for G&S is no longer an option. I only deal in checks, money orders, Zelle, or paypal F&F. Never have a problem selling my stuff either.
Damn. Ok, I could see why someone would not want to do that. I guess the best options are go through Facebook as they hold the funds until it arrives, someone who doesn't care about the goods and services issues, or someone is verified on here.

Fatcamp

WKR
Rating - 100%
22   0   0

So do you realize enough profit in a year on EE transactions for it to be an issue? Why does a buyer paying fees not work?

I guess I just don't understand the issue? My tax guy will ask if how much of that is profit and I will answer none, next question.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
So do you realize enough profit in a year on EE transactions for it to be an issue? Why does a buyer paying fees not work?

I guess I just don't understand the issue? My tax guy will ask if how much of that is profit and I will answer none, next question.
Ultimately every seller and buyer can choose to deal how they wish. I bought from someone the other day who would only accept a postal money order. Thats his right, he is the seller. Zelle or paypal f&f would have been much more efficient, but thats how he wanted to be paid. And if I didn't like it, I could keep moving and not buy from him.

I personally don't want any more 1099s than necessary. Thats my right to have that preference, and it doesn't need to make sense to a buyer, just like the above example didn't make sense to me. Free market. You don't like it, keep moving.

Fatcamp

WKR
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Ultimately every seller and buyer can choose to deal how they wish. I bought from someone the other day who would only accept a postal money order. Thats his right, he is the seller. Zelle or paypal f&f would have been much more efficient, but thats how he wanted to be paid. And if I didn't like it, I could keep moving and not buy from him.

I personally don't want any more 1099s than necessary. Thats my right to have that preference, and it doesn't need to make sense to a buyer, just like the above example didn't make sense to me. Free market. You don't like it, keep moving.

Gotcha. I'm actually curious to see how it works and have purposely sold more than $600 on PP already this year. It's just the safest way for people to do business online, and while I have used all other methods, I will stick with it for the time being.

tacotim

FNG
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I came across this thread because I am a new guy here and indeed I did recently sell an item with PP G&S, because of being new to the site. I am sort of surprised at the amount of support for paypal. Under normal conditions I will almost never take G&S payment, both bc of the potential tax compilations and because of funding their business with my 3% (or the buyers). There is nothing really unique about the $600/1099 requirement for G&S purchases. But their values are just severely out of line with most people's interests on sites like this. Have a look for yourself at their firearms and firearms parts polices, the recent disinformation policy with fines that was not implemented, and just in general other ways your funds can be at extra risk when you buy or sell something they don't like.

Last edited: