Wolf Management News

A recent Joe Rogan Podcast with Diana K. Boyd goes pretty in-depth on the wolf reintroduction topic. It was a fascinating listen. She explained some of the behind the scenes reasoning from conservative politicians to push policy for the reintroduction of wolves.
Do you remember which conservative politicians were mentioned that pushed for reintroduction? Because that would be news to me (unless we are talking about the first Rocky Mountain reintroduction, which was before my time following the issue).

Do you remember which conservative politicians were mentioned that pushed for reintroduction? Because that would be news to me (unless we are talking about the first Rocky Mountain reintroduction, which was before my time following the issue).
I do not remember. I live in the south and am completely unfamiliar with wolves in general. Essentially all of my knowledge on the subject came from this one podcast. If I remember correctly - the reintroduction where she referenced conservative politicians was many years ago. She said the politicians were aware of wolves starting to make a comeback naturally. The reintroduction bill they supported would cause all the wolves (the wolves moving in naturally and the wolves that were released) to carry a classification that would allow for the killing of nuisance wolves. Again, there probably isn't a person alive less qualified to be involved in this conversation than me but the podcast was a very interesting listen for a redneck down in Mississippi.

That would make sense that it had to do with the original reintroduction. I have not heard any conservative politician support any recent reintroductions. Thanks!