With the ever increasing price of a North American Sheep hunt, where are the best values internationally?

Mojave

WKR
Pure European Ibex in Austria or Slovenia is about $20,000-70,000 depending on the area and how "free range" they are.

OP
N
Mongolio and Nepal seem to be the two must-hunt destinstions in asia.

I'd also love to hear experiences from those that have hunted each.

Mongolio and Nepal seem to be the two must-hunt destinstions in asia.

I'd also love to hear experiences from those that have hunted each.
I’ve hunted Nepal and it will most likely be the pinnacle of my hunting career. I know that trip will never be matched and I am okay with that.

That being said, Mongolia is on my list to explore.

MntHunter

FNG
Come on, tell us more!

To give a cliff notes version.

Did an Ibex Combo. Got a 38 inch Gobi and a 42 inch Altai.

It was an amazing experience, definitely an adventure, and I would say it compares to my sheep hunts. Probably not as physical but the stalks were amazing, the basins and ridges we were glassing were breath taking. But you are more mobile and have a lot of helpers.

The people were so cool, to sit around the yert and just BS hunting and world, was a surreal experience. End of the day, we had more hunting camps there would be less problems in the world.

Also, the food was amazing, they had a new cook, and he was fantastic and needs his own restaurant.

I'm debating if instead of chasing a slam if I would rather go get one Argali in Mongolia. I am also hoping they say the Ibex in the Hangai mtns, are a different sub species so I have an excuse to go back.

So long story short, it was a great hunt, one of my top 5 and I would definitely go back.

What made you choose Kyrgyzstan over the other Stan's like Tajikistan?
I was under the (wrong) assumption at the time that the Kyrgyzstan ibex was a horse back hunt and then Tajik hunt would be a jeep based hunt like is common for the Marco Polo. I have since learned that both ibex hunts are horseback hunts. Wouldn’t hesitate to choose Tajik and hope to hunt there in the future.

DavidMark

FNG
I'm currently in the search for an ibex hunt but keep leaning towards a hunt in Kazakhstan. I have talked to a couple outfits, Russian pro, and global safaris AZ. Haven't see any red flags from these outfits but if anyone has any insight or suggestions i would like to hear.

Not trying to hijack the tread, seems to relate to me, but my wife reminds me often I don't look at things the way "most people do".?

bascott1

WKR
I'm currently in the search for an ibex hunt but keep leaning towards a hunt in Kazakhstan. I have talked to a couple outfits, Russian pro, and global safaris AZ. Haven't see any red flags from these outfits but if anyone has any insight or suggestions i would like to hear.

Not trying to hijack the tread, seems to relate to me, but my wife reminds me often I don't look at things the way "most people do".?
I used Neal and Brownlee on Kyrgyzstan and B.C. 100% Would recommend them.