Wiser Quick Stix Tripod

ca-hunter

FNG
Looking to get a lightweight tripod setup for the binoculars (I've got 10x42 Diamondback HDs) and looking for an affordable lightweight setup. I was already planning on getting the Quick Stix for use as a shooting bipod and saw they have the option to turn it into a tripod for glassing with a few additional attachments. Still ends up being $200+ for the whole system ($35 quick stix, $125 for the quick clip, $60 for the third leg, and still have to purchase the ball head and bino adapter)

Anyone try this setup and recommend it or have other lightweight affordable tripod options?

Jeffro

FNG
If you already plan on carrying trekking poles, seems like a winner to me. I don't bother with the clip and third leg, because we don't have very much open landscape to glass. I carry the quick stix and trekking poles with the 1/4-20 stud right in the top of the pole.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I tried it, sold it pretty soon after. I like the Quickstix, but the tripod was too shaky for my tastes, even at 15x I found it harder to resolve things from the shake.

MTHokie

Lil-Rokslider
I tried it, sold it pretty soon after. I like the Quickstix, but the tripod was too shaky for my tastes, even at 15x I found it harder to resolve things from the shake.
I'd second this. My hunting buddy has this setup that I have used, and even in light wind, it is pretty shaky. I do plan to get the Quickstix this year for shooting, though. They're nifty.

OP
C

ca-hunter

FNG
If you already plan on carrying trekking poles, seems like a winner to me. I don't bother with the clip and third leg, because we don't have very much open landscape to glass. I carry the quick stix and trekking poles with the 1/4-20 stud right in the top of the pole.
does this mean you use one of your trekking poles as a bino monopod?

Jeffro

FNG
Yep. With the quick sticks I have been able to make a support leg for my monopod. Take it for what it is worth though. I hunt in the jungle of North Idaho. I typically don't spend more than 30min to 1hr glassing at a time. If you sit behind glass for hours, probably not ideal. Cascade Mountain Tech makes trekking poles with 1/4-20 stud under a cork cap on the handle.

MTHokie

Lil-Rokslider
If you are considering a system like this, take a look at the Wiser Sparrow. It keeps the mount centered on the binos instead of supported on just one side (like the Aziak clamp). It also doesn't require a stud. Sorry, this is a little off topic from the op.