Wiser Precision BA-7 Sparrow

Just wanted to mention this thing is sweet! I like the small straps as they work on Meopta meostars. The trekking pole adaptor underneath is genius.

Anyone else give one a try?

Shortschaf

WKR
Classified Approved
Theyre dope

pirogue

WKR
I gave it a try, but didn’t care for it. They claim thier advantage is you don’t have to keep up with an adapter, yet you have to have not one, but two Allen wrenches to put it on( and therefore carry in case it were to work loose). And since you want to center this strap, it is cumbersome to work the wrench, as the bridge interferes. And you can’t just turn it around and swap barrels if you digiscope, because you want the strap on the magnet side of your binos, and you already have a magnet on a case and set up for the customary clockwise tilt for landscape mode. Not to mention that since most good binos do not have the same circumference along the barrel, the Sparrow’s base can not be set parallel with the bino’s line of sight. It is light and compact.

ztc92

WKR
Been using the sparrow this fall and really like it so far. Much lower profile and closer to center compared to the RRS cinch I was using before. I tried out the trekking pole insert tonight and watched a group of deer anywhere from 1000 - 2000 yards with just a single trekking pole while sitting on a rock and I was surprised how steady it was. I honestly didn’t miss my tripod at all. Making me question if the tripod is even needed on hunts where glassing is not the focus.

The fit to the trekking pole is snug enough that they won’t move or bobble if held level. I found holding the mount like the first photo allows me to pan easily and keep the binos steady. In the second photo you can see the trekking pole tip coming out the top, showing that there’s about 1” of engagement between the sparrow and the trekking pole tip. Its very secure, I felt confident just holding the pole and letting the binos sit without touching them.

Attachments

• IMG_9330.jpeg
    IMG_9330.jpeg
    586.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_9332.jpeg
    IMG_9332.jpeg
    165.5 KB · Views: 17
Picked one up this fall and loving it. It never bothered me in and out of my harness. Or holding on top of the yoke on my shooting sticks. Didnt need to bring my clamp for the top of my tripod when the time came. I know peole have talked about it coming loose. I figure carrying the 2 allens in the little ziploc bag they came in wont weigh my pack down too much.

True it just looks bad if you switch back to stud IMO but still a cool mount!
I’ve ran a stud for years and after a season with the sparrow I don’t think I’ll ever switch back! Maybe the armor will have memory and expand back if you remove it haha

We used it on a deer/elk hunt recently. Clever mount. My buddy shown here and I loved it on the 12x42 Swaro.

Attachments

• IMG_9065.jpeg
    IMG_9065.jpeg
    383.5 KB · Views: 14
Compared to a stud on the bino, it removes the bino adapter post, so it’s quicker to use. Using ARCA plates, I swapped between spotter, video camera, and binos with ease while glassing the bull I shot.