• $30-$35

• $35-$40

• $40-$45

• $45-$50

• $50+

Results are only viewable after voting.

Fogalo

Lil-Rokslider
How much are we paying for a hunting lease, full season exclusive hunting lease per acre? I know every property is different but let’s assume a 50/50 woods/ag split. I’d figure most of the Midwest would be a similar comp, depending on how close you are to a city.

WCB

WKR
Here in MN for most areas it is between $10-$25 an acre... SE MN which is prime deer real-estate, I know guys leasing 25 acres for $2000 so $76 per acre and in the same county guys leasing 200acre + areas for $26 an acre.

But it is pretty random but on average it would be about $17-18 an acre. again averaged out

Aulus

FNG
Popular websites charge a lot more than if you know someone, but it’s difficult to find them otherwise.

gostovp

WKR
Finding a lease in WI is dang near impossible, and if you do find one it could be 50 to 75 and acre

Rich M

WKR
A lot of leases are word of mouth thing - best thing is to have a lifetime local tradesman looking for you.

ckk416

FNG
I leased some property in SE MI near Ann Arbor for $25/Acre about 15 years ago via a friend of a friend. After a couple years and some decent bucks I decided it wasn't worth it. They leased it shortly afterwards for $40/acre. I enjoy hunting but I'd rather spend my $$$ on some of my other hobbies\adventures.

kpk

WKR
I'd also be curious where people are finding their leases.

It's often start paying or lose your spot around here. I know of several guys that have gone to talk to the farmer about hunting again this year - same as they have for the last 20. Farmer says something along the lines of "ya know, neighbor down the road just told me he's getting paid X dollars to let guys hunt his place, and I'm not getting anything".

We gave our lease up in Illinois las year. THey were at $30/acre and they went to $35 I believe.

100 acres and 60 acres of it was fields.

Honyock

WKR
In SW Oklahoma you are looking at $20-25 per acre for decent/good deer hunting land (more if it has elk) IF you can find a lease. Virtually all of the private land that is worth hunting is leased. A lot of farmers are making more on the hunting lease than they are on a land lease. My lease (240 acres) found me so I'm not for sure what the best option is to find a lease other than start knocking on doors and calling.