Wilmington

Jmort1754

WKR
We are heading there for a week next week... We already are planning to do some fishing. What else is there to see?

The lady would like a semi fancy or nice dinner any recommendations?

Ducker

FNG
Robert Ruark Inn at Southport, if you have read The Old Man and the Boy books. Have a great trip.

Try the Bridge Tender. Food is great & it's right on the intracoastal waterway. The dive boat I use is in that marina & some buddies turned me on to it years ago. You'll love it.

If you go down to the Southport area grab lunch at Fishy Fishy Cafe. Not fancy but food is awesome it's right on the water for a great atmosphere.

If you have time check out Fort Fisher. Lots of history there from the war of northern aggression. The NC aquarium is there also.

Last edited:

Swamp Fox

WKR
Good ... I was worried maybe you were vacationing in Wilmington, Delaware ...In which case it would be all about corporate lawyers' offices (the wall art is meh) and credit card company employee cafeterias ...

Wilmington NC area is mo' better.

Hold on to your wallet if you have a girl with you, though.

I only enjoy over-priced restaurants when I'm under the influence of a really pretty one ...

Lots of nice eateries and tummy-thumping food troughs in the area.

For the young guys: Get you a girl that can do both.

Fort Fisher and the aquarium are both good tips. I hope they have upped their historical game at Fort Fisher. Just in case, do some independent reading ahead of time, and bone up on blockade running.

Tjdeerslayer37

Lil-Rokslider
Fancy dining you say? Britt's donuts in carolina beach are the best donuts ive ever eaten, sounds weird as heck but no lie.